Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

need help dating Slingerland snare!

I bought this from a friend that said he got it from his uncle. the serial number is 359630.

3 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

anybody? ballpark figure? what do you think its worth? HELP ME!

Posted on 18 years ago

This was called the Festival Model and is COS (chrome over steel) so the price tag is rather low.

On that regard it is still a nice snare but not high up on the collectability level.

Price can be from $75 to $125 in excellent condition.

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

$50-$100.

I am not a Slingerland expert, but my guess is that your drum is from the 70's.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

ok thanks guys. would it be worth more since it has the original head? I want to sell it, probably on ebay, just because its sittin around collecting dust. thanks for your help guys!Cool

Posted on 18 years ago

Howdy Beatles Nut, You asked, "Is the Snare worth more with the original head?"

Not really I'm afraid. Generally, a buyer will be most concerned with its originality in regards the the Shell, Hardware, and the condition of Shell, Lugs, Strainer, and Snare Wires.

Probably most just yank the old stock heads, put on fresh ones, and throw the originals straight in the garbage.

Now if it was a head signed by a notable drum celebrity, that might count for a bit of consideration. Even if they were brand new NOS '70's Slingerland Heads you just put on yesterday, yes it might help as far as a selling point, but increase its value, I strongly doubt it. Mark

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here