Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Need cleaning tips...

I'm sure it's posted all over here somewhere but this is such a cool community I know you all won't mind answering again.

I need tips/advice on cleaning a silver sparkle wrap kit and also best cleaning tips for nickel hardware.

Love to hear about the best products, techniques, voo doo, whatever.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on 10 years ago

novus products work great on the wraps. you can find them online or at a Harley dealer. cape cod polishing cloths work great on the nickel hardware. they can be found at ace hardware or also online.

mike

Posted on 10 years ago

Tension rods in a walnut tumbler.....

Posted on 10 years ago

Novus products are great in plastic wraps as the venerable Mr. Layton has said. I keep all three products on the shelf. I only use #3 if the finish is pretty banged up. Otherwise it is straight to #2 followed by #1. Keep lots of clean, soft towels available.

If a drum is really filthy, I will go over it with a damp cloth with a touch of soap first. I make sure it is not wet enough to drip as I don't want moisture running into the shell. That gets the build-up off. I then go over it with a damp cloth without soap to get most of the soap off. The rest will come off with the #3 treatment. These two steps generally do not require much elbow grease. Once you then get to the #3 treatment you will be working directly on surface scratch polishing and not moving dirt around. This is where the effort starts by the way.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 10 years ago

For shiny metal parts, I recently discovered Blue Magic Quick Shine.

It's great for a fast shine after soaking an oxidized part in white vinegar.

Spray it on, buff it off.

-Erik
______
Early '70's Slingerland New Rock #50 in blue agate (20-16-13-12)
Late '50's WFL Swingster/Barrett Deems in black/gold Duco
'70's Slingerland Gene Krupa Sound King COB
'76 Ludwig Supraphonic
early '70's Ludwig Acrolite
'80's Ludwig Rocker II 6 1/2" snare
Rogers Supreme Big "R" hi hat
Posted on 10 years ago

Is the Novus product to restore color/shine or just for cleaning?

-Doug

late 60s Ludwig Standard kit (blue strata)
late 60s Star kit (red satin)
Tama Rockstar Custom
a few snares ...
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here