Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Need Assistance from the Slingerland Parts Kings!

Greetings,

I picked up a Slingerland gold badge Sound King and the Zoomatic snare throw is missing some parts. I have attached a picture of what I do have as far as the throw is concerned.

I need the stud with knurled dial on it and the nut and washers that go on the inside of the shell. The nut and washers I could probably make do getting something from the hardware but I definitely need the adjustment knob stud piece.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks for your help!

Matt

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Hi superclassic!

Going to be honest here. You're missing enough parts that you'd be better off finding a complete Zoomatic. Even if you found the required parts, you'll need a proper knob to attach to the reverse-threaded shaft. I've been able to repair these, but have already had the parts on hand.

The "stud with the knurled dial" is actually two pieces. The knurled knob is press-fitted onto the shaft. Once it comes off, you need to know how to attach another knob. I normally use a large Slingerland tone-control knob for this, drilled out with a 5mm bit.

Again, try to find a complete Zoomatic!

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks for your input Mark. That's what I was afraid of and I guess I'll have to keep my eyes out for a complete Zoomatic unit.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here