Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Need a small piece of shell

Would anyone have a chunk of shell they dont need, close to the thickness of a Gretsch 60s shell?

I have two Gretsch bass drum shells I'm repairing and both were drilled for a ludwig center mount.....so both have a nice big hole right in the center.

I want to get some old shell material that has the "curve", cut it to fit, glue it in and fill the rest with wood filler before I rewrap.

Can anyone help? Any brand of shell is fine, MIJ, Asia , etc. I'll happily pay your shipping so it doesnt cost you anything,

Posted on 13 years ago

You can also cut a plug to fit the hole out of a piece of 3/4" maple and glue it in the hole. Once the glue has set, sand down the plug flush with the shell inside and out and you are good to go. I did this on my original Ludwigs that I had added a double tom mount to in my youth before I rewrapped them. It is still holding strong after 15 years

Posted on 13 years ago

Run the grain of the plug the same direction as on the drum! Like the hole was never there.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 13 years ago

What size?I can send you a chunk out of a 22.Its a crappy thick mahogany.so youll need to route it down some.

Posted on 13 years ago

PM me. I think I have just what you want. I'm in TN and would only want to be compensated for shipping.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here