Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Need a set of Red Sparkle inlays for 20 inch bass drum hoops.

Need a set of Red Sparkle inlays for 20 inch bass drum hoops.

Please let me know what you have.

Also would consider a set of 20 inch Wood hoops with Red sparkle inlays.

Please let me know what you have...thanks.

Posted on 7 years ago

I have negative one. If you find three, let me know about the extra one. :)

In the meantime, I'll keep my hopes up that you find at least two!

Note, as well, that the red glass glitter material is available at Precision if you come up short in the long haul. It will probably be a bit brighter than what you are hoping for, but would hold you over for the time being.

Posted on 7 years ago

From Retrosonic

Need a set of Red Sparkle inlays for 20 inch bass drum hoops. Please let me know what you have. Also would consider a set of 20 inch Wood hoops with Red sparkle inlays.Please let me know what you have...thanks.

Hi,

I've had this in my basement for years. 54" x 6.25". Can't even remember where I got it or why. Please let me know if you have any interest.

SAZ

Posted on 7 years ago

If you can't find anything or want something to use instead....Dollar General carries small rolls of sparkle glitter. It is the width of most inlays and already has adhesive on the back of it. I have used it on a red sparkle drum and a gold sparkle drum. They also have blue and green I think. Initially, a little glitter comes loose. I shot clear over the hoops with the gold inlay to remedy this.

Posted on 7 years ago

From mlayton

If you can't find anything or want something to use instead....Dollar General carries small rolls of sparkle glitter. It is the width of most inlays and already has adhesive on the back of it. I have used it on a red sparkle drum and a gold sparkle drum. They also have blue and green I think. Initially, a little glitter comes loose. I shot clear over the hoops with the gold inlay to remedy this.

I used the silver glitter tape from Joann (a store similar to Hobby Lobby or Michaels if you have any of these in your area) on my Ludwig hoop, and it is very close. The flakes are a little smaller than the vintage flakes, but the roll cost me $5, and unless you are sitting behind the drums, you couldn't tell which hoop was which. Another benefit is no 2-piece seam or need for staples.

Looks like this is the also same thing, on the bay under the vendor paperstreetplastics:

EDIT: I will also add that the tape I used was 1/2" and fit perfectly, but they come in different widths as well. I also had no problem at all with glitter coming off, it was bonded into the tape very well. I was extremely pleased with the result!

1 attachments
65-73 Ludwig orphans 22/16/15/13/12 (silver sparkle rewrap)
1967 Ludwig Supraphonic 5 x 14
1976 Ludwig Acrolite 5 x 14
1966 Ludwig Pioneer 5 x 14
66-'67-ish Slingerland orphan project 20/13 (original champagne sparkling pearl)
Mid-60's Slingerland Gene Krupa COB Sound King 5 x 14
Mid-50's Slingerland tenor-to-floor tom resto/conversion project
Early 50's Slingerland Marcher resto project
Pork Pie 6.5 x 14 Big Black
Zildjians
Posted on 7 years ago

I have some old unused inlay strips in reversible red and blue sparkle. The width fits Ludwig hoops.

(2) strips approx. 53" and (1) strip approx. 18".

I checked a 22" hoop of mine and a 53" and 18" will just fill the inlay of a 22" hoop. It's possible the 18" strip could be halved and each paired with the longer strips to work with your 20" hoops. Message me if interested.

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

had a chance to run home at lunch, just in case you are interested in what the sparkle tape looks like on a hoop...

1 attachments
67.2 kB
65-73 Ludwig orphans 22/16/15/13/12 (silver sparkle rewrap)
1967 Ludwig Supraphonic 5 x 14
1976 Ludwig Acrolite 5 x 14
1966 Ludwig Pioneer 5 x 14
66-'67-ish Slingerland orphan project 20/13 (original champagne sparkling pearl)
Mid-60's Slingerland Gene Krupa COB Sound King 5 x 14
Mid-50's Slingerland tenor-to-floor tom resto/conversion project
Early 50's Slingerland Marcher resto project
Pork Pie 6.5 x 14 Big Black
Zildjians
Posted on 7 years ago

From jfl317

had a chance to run home at lunch, just in case you are interested in what the sparkle tape looks like on a hoop...

That is very cool. Nice work!

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here