Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Mystery Snare ID Help

OK, got this snare as part of a set. The set is a Slingerland, but the snare obviously isn't. It isn't Slingerleedy either as best I can tell, despite the lugs. The strainer is missing, so that won't help. Here's pictures as found and disassembled:

Other info:

6 lugs. 5x14. No air hole or badge. Possibly brass? (Not magnetic.) Inside is painted black. I thought I had a shot from behind the lugs, but it looks like those could be newer holes.

Any thoughts?

5 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi, That snare looks to be a leedy from the 30s-40s.The lugs are leedy,the shell is brass. Is the photo with the plate is,was were the strianer was,The strainer was a four point one[used on lower end 6 lugs drums]...That drum will sound great when you get it back together..mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Do you know what it was supposed to look like originally? I know the Slingerleedy lugs aren't right and obviously that plate doesn't belong. I'm trying to get an idea of how to put it back together.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here