Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

My Rogers Rehab

I picked these up recently and have been vigorously cleaning polishing and assembling. They are a 12" Tower Tom, a 20" Tower Bass Drum, 14" and 16" Holiday Floor Toms along with the Canister that I have to buff and polish yet. I have a Powertone Chrome snare to go with it along with the Swivomatic Hi Hat and Pedal and some Swivomatic Supreme Cymbal stands. It sure sounds good and tuned up quite nicely other than the muffler pad is rattling a little bit on the 16" which should be an easy fix.

When I am done with these I am going on to a Japanese Star set I just picked up and posted in the Non USA Drums Section.

I used to do a lot of this type of rehab years back and now that I am retired it is a very entertaining hobby along with getting back into gigging a little bit again.

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

Those are outstanding! Very nice job od cleaning and polishing and a very cool kit to boot. And your right this is a fun hobby!

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

Beautiful kit! Great job you did on them too. Very fun hobby I do agree. :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Yes, yes! Looks VERY good!

And, BTW -- WELCOME to the forum!

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 11 years ago

Scored a Bass Drum cymbal arm today, right here in Mpls. from a Premier, Sonor and ASBA collector, wow what a kit that ASBA was.(Thanks Adam if you are viewing this thread)

It replaces the bent chrome rod that the original owner had used for years and could never get tight enough to hold decent in the cymbal collett. Set them up today with my little custom made 13" snare. Just blown away at how good they sound. Band practice later this week and I am going to leave these setup to use them.

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

nopork - Welcome to VDF!

Love the kit! I like it better with -both- floor toms! Pull the other one out for rehearsal. 1-up, 2-down is my favorite set-up. Tons of bottom end.

A little tip from one old-timer to another... don't hang your stick bag off the floor tom! It kills the sound/resonance of the drum.

This place is like a senior citizens center for old drummers like us. You'll fit right in.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

Beautiful set,... I'm sure they sound phenomenal!

Still 20 years to go before retirement myself but most definitaly,.... best hobby there is !!

Posted on 11 years ago

Those look great and I am sure they sound as good as they look!

Btw, what's under wraps behind that gem??

Posted on 11 years ago

I may have to just ban myself from this web site. I love those drums, especially the canister throne. I'm wanting everything I see these days and Christmas is a long way off...

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 11 years ago

From lucky

Those look great and I am sure they sound as good as they look!Btw, what's under wraps behind that gem??

Another hobby of mine, motorcycles. That one is a 1996 Harley Dyna with 9,000 actual miles on it. Drumming and motorcycles hobbies both kind of started at the same time back in the mid 60's.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here