Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

My red silk pearl Olympics!

Well, this was the set lying around in my van in freezing conditions while I was laid up after damaging my knee. Anyway, polished up best I could and they look pretty nice. A couple of the hoops are beyond help, but I can replace if I need to. It's just a practice kit at the moment. They're good birch shells with re-rings, and the bass drum has a good wallop to it. I also picked up another 12" tom in a separate ebay auction for some three up one down action!

Just need the matching snare now!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 14 years ago

Dear Brody,

I'm certainly no expert, so bear with me. Are you talking about Premier's Olympic model? If so, I think I can help you. I have a chrome snare in very good condition ( no damper though) and, an original snare stand.I really don't know if Premier made snares with different wraps for the Olympic model. Just trying to help.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago

A freind of mine had a Green silk(I think) Oly pre int,Nice sounding kit,he also had the matching snare,It had a nice warm open sound to it,it was tuned low and at that tuning it wasn't real loud,but had a pretty good fat back sound.the bearing edges were really well done on all the drums.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Actually, I actually have the steel snare with the kit. After a time, Premier stopped issuing the kits with matching snares and they all had the chrome model. So, I wasn't entirely accurate: a silk pearl snare was issued but with an older Olympic badge. strictly speaking, I have right snare for my kit, but I'd love a matching snare even if it was older with the older badge!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 14 years ago

Dang Brody, those are pretty !!

Hope the knee has healed up nicely !!

Kevin

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here