Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

my pearl set with a radio king snare

This is a set I bought back in june of this year. I paid $180.00 for the bass two toms a floor tom and a weighted gilbarltor cymbil stand and a HI-Hat stand not sure what brand it is.The hi-hat stand had no hardware and the rod was bent! The shells on the kit except the 13 tom and of course the radio king are Fiberglass, the tom and snare are wood. I had the slingerland snare. Didn't know what I had till I visited this site and found out it's a fifty's Radio King snare, at first I thought it might be a forty's model but I found out it's more in likely a fifty's. I have found the parts to fix the snare so it functions correctly from a person on this site pretty cool I think. I'll be in touch after the holidays are over, I haven't forgot. I've just replaced all the batter heads with Remo Weatherking Coated Ambassadors, the front head on the bass was replaced with a black pearl head paid twenty bucks for the bass drum head and eighty for the remos wkca. finally got to tune them and they sound so good now, plus I use studio rings for dampening on all the drums except the bass. This has been a fun kit to put together!! It plays really good I'm real parsal to it. I play on a export (Pearl) on friday nights at our local pub, I like the way my kit sound compared to the export mine hits alot harder!!! I can't get anything out of the 22x16 bass I've changed pedals everything but tune it and the pub owner won't let me tune them!! so they suck. well thanks for reading this post tell next post take care

pompa mfw

Mr. Pearl

Mr. Pearl and his slingy snare.14"x6 1/2" RADIO KING Aqua BLUE SPARKLE.14"x5" Rogers dynasonic cob. Early Pearl Fiberglass 22x14,8"x7 1/2",10"x9 1/2", 12'x8",13"x11",16"x16" Pearl Drums Rock, Rogers drums still #1,Old Slingerlands Play for Ever!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Where are you located man! Let me guess california?

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

Nope a lot further north up in the land of the snow, Washinton, Spokane Valley area to be exact. it's 14 degrees out side right now and it's should hit about 4 degrees tonight!! Can't find weather like that in calif. I've lived there before and came back to the pacific northwest. not to many jobs for a person with just a high school education and I had the wrong complextion and the wrong gender to get a good job so I came back to spokane where I grew up graduated from high school from which is where I learned to play drums. Good old band classes from 5th grade to graduation in 1970. I grew up in the best time period for Rock-n-roll the best of the best have lived in my generation. I love to play rock not to much heavy metal rock mainly the 60's thru the mid 80's then It starts to get to heavy and hard for me to play I've tried but at my age it wears me out way to soon.lol I could go on ,on but your probably bored by now.lol

pompa mfw

Mr. Pearl

Mr. Pearl and his slingy snare.14"x6 1/2" RADIO KING Aqua BLUE SPARKLE.14"x5" Rogers dynasonic cob. Early Pearl Fiberglass 22x14,8"x7 1/2",10"x9 1/2", 12'x8",13"x11",16"x16" Pearl Drums Rock, Rogers drums still #1,Old Slingerlands Play for Ever!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Wasn't bored. Cool little story.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

So since we started this thread guess we could keep it going lol. So where do you live in this big world of ours? I got a new splash and a clamp on stand for my kit yesterday been kinda pumped ( u know a new toy lol). plus I changed my tom angles so there flatter instead of so turn up. I was wearing some pretty harsh marks in my heads to much of the point of the stick. Now I'm getting rim shots out of my thirteen inch tom!! Got a Tommy Igoe dvd, man that guy can play this dvd is very educational it has 47 different groves on the dvd and he teaches you every one!!!! From rock to world drumming. Just got started watching it today. I have my work cut out for me with this one some of the stuff is fr***in hard but with pratice I'll get it.

What kinda music do you like to play? What kinda kit do you have, see now I'm full of questions lol. What kinda cymbils do you prefer, and how many do you have on your kit. do you play a double bass or single, single pedal or double pedals. man I' on a roll lol Thats enough for now that might take you three min to give back the answers lol hey have agood day.

pompa mfw

Mr. Pearl

Posted on 14 years ago

did pearl ever build fiberglass kits?

hit hard
Posted on 14 years ago

the info I have recieved from the pearl drummers forum is yes infact they did from 1968-69 to the eightys. The drummer from KISS Peter Chriss helped make the fiberglass kit popular! Then when he switched to Drum World Drums the fiberglass kit died also!! My kit is some where between a 70's and very late 70's with newer hardware on it. I thought it would go good with my old slingerland Radio King, my 13' tom is also wood they have seamed to tune up OK, the kit has a good sound to it with the mix of wood and glass (fiberglass) I don't play professionaly, I like to set in on jam nights at the local pub but I have never been paid to play my kit. The pub has their own kit it's a Pearl Export kit so I do get to play a wood kit. I like the way my kit sounds over the export but the export needs to be tuned badly. So I'll give it a break lol.

mark w.

Mr.Pearl

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here