Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

My Newest Edition - Rogers Chrome Powertone Snare

Hi all.....just acquired a chrome Rogers Powertone snare from the original owner. Dated in the early 60's (according to the seller), it looks to be in excellent original condition, just a bit dirty and needs a good dismantling and cleaning.

I do not know anything about Rogers, so I would love to get some basic info on this snare. Here is what i know from the seller:

- dated in the early 60's (though I didn't see Powertone snares in my catalogs until 1965)

- Serial # 12577

That's all I know. Not sure if this is COB or COS, but my (novice) understanding is that early Powertones were COS.

So, here are a couple of pics as the snare is now...uncleaned.

Would love to know more about it.

Thanks very much.

Posted on 17 years ago

Nice drum! Based on the Beavertail lugs and serial number, I'd say 1966. I assume the tag says Cleveland, Ohio?

It's COB - hold a magnet to the shell and it will barely stick.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks, can't wait to take it apart and clean it....any tips or things I should know to watch out for when taking apart?

Yes, tag says Cleveland, OH.

Thanks very much.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Thanks, can't wait to take it apart and clean it....any tips or things I should know to watch out for when taking apart?Yes, tag says Cleveland, OH.Thanks very much.

Nice drum. I have one of my own (1973 Fullerton) and it sounds great.

Make sure you match the screws exactly per each lug when you remove them and do not over tighten when replacing. I had alot of trouble reattaching the lugs after cleaning. From what I've been told all Powertones are COB.

Enjoy, John

Posted on 17 years ago

John, thanks very much...will do.

Look forward to receiving it and will post pics of finished product.

Peter

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here