Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

My Little Dyna Sonic Snare Collection

I am not a drummer, but I love to play my drums in the basement and work out beats & rhythms by myself and I love to heard the sound of these beautiful drums. I also love to buy and fix up drums to look and sound good. I am a new comer to collecting vintage drums, but I love to look at beautiful drums sets and snares.

I think I have a disease where I cannot get enough to satisfy this desire, so with this in mind and nothing else to do in Michigan, I thought that I would put up a few pictures of my little snare & drum collection that is just starting out in its infancy.

I hope to see some other neat pictures too of other peoples gems...It is fun to show off a little bit, sometimes.

I have to add more to this collection, but maybe someone else will share a few of their pictures too...I enjoy looking at these pictures.

Posted on 17 years ago
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks guys.

There is a Gallery section on the forum to keep track of the photos.

Main Gallery

Snare Drum Gallery

Drum Set Gallery

Memorabilia Gallery

You can add your Dyna to the gallery if you want.

The Gallery only takes one image as an attachment. This keeps things in order and I eventually move things from the main gallery to the sub-gallery. Keep your title short and add the descriptive text in the post about the drum.

So that is the best place to add a picture and then they will be stored on the system and secure and will always be viewable.

You can also see a ton of drums on the main web site - Link at the top.

Click Here

Thanks and the DF members have some great collections!!

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Rich,

That is quite a display of snare drums - really beautiful and impressive.

I guess I will put up a shot of the Dyna Sonic 1664 in the gallery.....

I don't think I could ever collect so many snare drums, it has to be a lifelong project - and I don't have that much life left in me!

Thanks will do David.

Posted on 17 years ago

Bravo!!!! Beautiful Dynasonic Snares!!

I love the look of the 7 line Dynasonic.

I play and collect Rogers drums, albeit i have a very small collection. Ive got pics on here somewhere, I think. And my eight Dynas are in that drumforum link.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 17 years ago

Ploughman,

Thanks, I love those COB Dyna Sonics!

I saw your drums on that site too - those are some awsome collections. I guess alot of those guys are members here too. It doesn't take much to get you guys going to show off your wares. I love those collections, awesome!

I don't think I would ever get that far along, but I do enjoy checking them out and looking for a drum or 2 myself. It is like being on a treasure hunt.

And there is alot of the fun is in the hunt. I also like to get a snare or a kit and that is in not so good of condition and work on restoring it - that is really satisfying.

Thank you for your comment on the little collection, I hope to add a few more to it before I am done (if my wife doesn't notice that her basement is getting taken over by drums!).

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here