Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

My latest score!

Got this tonight from a good friend of mine for $75.00

Early 50's Leedy & Ludwig VIRGIN 14'x26" bass drum. Yellowed WMP, with some hack repair done to the wrap on the bottom side and a Tama Imperialstar lug in place of an original, so I'll be needing one of thecorrect nickle plated bass lugs, the T-rod and claw for it........PM me if you have one to part with.

Posted on 15 years ago

Looks good! Those screws aren't that big of a deal. I'm excited to see the after pictures.Excited

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

Disassembled it tonight to clean the hardware and evaluate the rest of the drum.....white painted interior, with a date stamp. 5108....so I gather that means Aug 1951? Maple/poplar/maple shell. Has had some repair work done to the re-rings....looks like the glue let go on them and someone made an attempt at re-gluing them. I might need to redo that previous repair, but I may just leave it alone. The screws came out fine and were very short, just the very tips were protruding into the shell. The WMP wrap itself is in tough shape, so I'm thinking re-wrap......debating on black diamond pearl or silver sparkle.....leaning towards silver sparkle.....

Now to find a 9x13 and a couple of 16x16 floor toms to go with it.....

Posted on 15 years ago

I'd like to thank one of our members here for helping me out so quickly with parts for this....thank you VADRUMS.....and I thought I'd be looking for a while for the parts! x-mas3

Posted on 15 years ago

It must be my week.....just scored a 12x15 Leedy & Ludwig marching snare on Ebay for $71.00.....and its fairly local to me too! Can you say rack tom conversion? Hmmmm.....a LEEDY & LUDWIG Bonham kit me thinks.....Hmmmm Yes SirWalking

Posted on 15 years ago

Wow,

That marching snare is a beauty!

The gut snares look to be in great shape too!

It has that nice "Marlbaro-tooth" slightly yellow stain to it also. I love that color . . . on drums . . . not teeth.

Posted on 15 years ago

Just PM me those winning Lottery numbers...........

Nice scores!!

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

From jeremybranson

Wow,That marching snare is a beauty!The gut snares look to be in great shape too!It has that nice "Marlbaro-tooth" slightly yellow stain to it also. I love that color . . . on drums . . . not teeth.

I'm actually considering converting it to a rack tom. I will save the snare parts though for easy replacement if I decide to part with it down the road, and it will get a RIMS mount or a snare stand treatment, no drilling I promise! Also, the wrap is a 20 footer.....its not that great up close, much like the bass drum I scored....I will be re-wraping them both, and I'm considering an original marine pearl as offered by precision drums, rather than the pure white pearls offered by others. I think the one I'm after is either sky blue pearl or blue white pearl by precision....ordering smaples in the morning...;)

Earlier I was thinking Black pearl or silver sparkle, but after seeing one of these in the CORRECT marine pearl.......Cool1:D

Posted on 15 years ago

But...what about the snare beds? Won't that pose a problem in terms of tuning? I mean, you'll have to tension the bottom head tight enough to seal against the bearing edge and that will limit the tuning range of the drum.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Limits-only a bit. Those beds are fairly shallow and wide which is good. It shouldn't be too limiting at all. I think it would tune up pretty good as is. What say you LDude? Does it look shallow enough to handle a normal single ply down there?

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here