Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

My latest Ebay win!!

I know these aren't vintage too much, but any info on when they were made would be helpful. Plus, I just had to brag a bit about the good deal I got. Regardless of the drums, the cases and cymbals are worth it to me. I'm guesstimating that the drums were made in the late 80's early 90's. White and black badge that says Ludwig USA on the badges. I did notice that the interiors were sprayed with a similar "milk chocolate" spray like the old Slingy's. The snare is an 8 lugger COW, any more would be helpful.

tia.....backbeatkeeper

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200089265002

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

That's a heap 'o stuff for only $380.00 - Looks like a good deal indeed. According to the Badge section here, you have "1984 through the 90's budget line Ludwig Drums" - I've played low end Ludwig's and they sound pretty good to my ears.

Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that the pictures from the eBay auction look as if a mad man set up the drums??? LOL!!! There's a tom on a stand with a floor tom leg sticking out the top of the mount.

Anyhow, congrats on your new toys!!

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 17 years ago

Good buy any way you look at it!! Congrats!!! Why can't I get good deals like that ............ Soap Box

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for the comments. I'm assuming these are the early Rocker series, the wood to me is unknown because of the coating on the inside. This was to good to pass up, this makes kit number six for me (becoming an obsession) I still love my maple Luddy's any day of the week. I'm going to sell the drums shown with some different cases I have locally because I don't think many people would have Ludwig Rockers shipped and I need some money for my Radio King restorations. The cymbals are the best of the deal, that Impulse ride has a little mushrooming on the center hole, but it's the driest ride I have ever heard and you don't see much of them around anymore and the Sabians are the early hand hammered and are astounding!!

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

Yeah, I figured the cases and cymbals alone were enough to fetch over $300.00!!

The desciptions on the eBay page are pretty funny too. 18" Sabian Hi Hat!!! That would sound HUGE!!!

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here