Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

My Late 60's Coronet Kit !!!

This is my late 60's Coronet Kit !!! It is all finished now and ready for my birthday jam coming up !!!

5 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Wow, looks brand new. Where'd you score this baby?

LOGOS - Vinyl Bass Drum Brand Logo Decals
http://www.ebay.ca/usr/barrhavendrum...p2047675.l2559

Barrhaven Drum Guy
Posted on 12 years ago

It turned out that one of my high school friends had this in his antique store,in the back room !!! All,I had to do was clean it up a bit and change the skins and clean a bit of surface rust on the bass drum chrome hoop. The wrap is in excellent condition and so are the shells !!!! I found a badge for the bass drum in Brandon Mb ,that was missing . I would like some help to figure out ,as,to what my kit would be worth !!! I have my 70's Zildjian cymbals on it ,plus the German Generation X crash !!!

Posted on 12 years ago

Those are beautiful.Original wrap to boot. They look brand new. Nice job! V

58-Blue Diamond-Pearl Clubdates
65-WMP Clubdates
66-Green Sparkle Clubdates
67-Root Beer Clubdates
65-Cream tiger-stripe Pearl Presidents
60's Red Sparkle Artist LTD
60's yellow sparkle Trixon's
??'s Kingston-MIJ--3piece kit/Pearl snare
many vintage pedals,cymbals,parts,ect,ect
Posted on 12 years ago

Allan...Like ALL MIJ drums there is a perceived value from the start. Kits depend on condition and if the snare drums are included. Your kit,thx to some elbow grease looks great and would bring in the high side of the scale...I,d gladly pay 350 -450 for the shell pack only. If you get more then you,re off to the races. Dont forget,MIJ gear value is already pre determined.Yes Sir

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

From wayne

Allan...Like ALL MIJ drums there is a perceived value from the start. Kits depend on condition and if the snare drums are included. Your kit,thx to some elbow grease looks great and would bring in the high side of the scale...I,d gladly pay 350 -450 for the shell pack only. If you get more then you,re off to the races. Dont forget,MIJ gear value is already pre determined.Yes Sir

Wayne -- I agree, and that's a cryin' shame! Maybe someday we'll move past that "pre determined" value thing. I've got a partial set of MIJs just sitting because from a profit standpoint I'll not get anything out of my "time" let alone buying the missing parts. Have already talked to Johhniestix about just giving them to him if I ever make it down his way again...

Allan -- the drums look good, no great! If I were you I'd be tempted to just keep 'em and play 'em from time to time!

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 12 years ago

Allan those look fantastic!!! Like brand new. Great job and enjoy them!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

Nice looking kit Allan! I haven't been to "the Peg" since Grey Cup 98. What's the Red looking like this spring?

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 12 years ago

Great looking kit! Very clean. I understand the double tom holder with the

smallish single post was only used for a year or two, which if I am correct, would add to the value, in my opinion.

I have 2 sets of Coronet's from this era, with the same badging and hardware. Mine have an inner ply of what is a much higher quality then usual wood, which I believe is maple, but hopefully someone on the forum will know this for sure. The entire shell is not quality wood, just the inner ply. Are yours the same? Could you shoot a pic of the interior of the kick, please?

Again, fantastic to see your kit! Thanks for posting it

Bryan

1985 Tama Superstar piano black (original owner)
85-86 Tama Superstar piano white
early 60's Trixon Luxus champagne
mid 60's Star WMP
early 70's Star 'silky blue'
early 70's Stewart metallic blue
early 70's Stewart psychedelic lava pearl
late 60's Coronet bronze strata
late 60's Coronet blue diamond pearl
2004 Arbiter Flats Pro
early 70's Stewart Fantasia pearl
early 70's Star blue satin flame
early 70's Star jet black double kick kit
Posted on 12 years ago

Great looking kit. WMP is one of my fav wraps. This one looks so brand new, just like being re-wrapped!

Love the stylish badge, too.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here