Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

My Grandfather's Tempro Drums

Hey there all,

New here, just joined in hopes that I might find more information about these drums. My grandfatherl used these drums for a majority of his drumming career, up until he passed away at 90. He mostly did jazz drumming, and was quite good and well known in the Akron area. I do know that he played with the Gene Fiocca band for some time. Nobody in my family has a good use for them, and I feel that they'll deteriorate if we don't move them.

Anyways, from what I can tell, they're a late 1960s Tempro 4 piece kit. I don't know anything about drums, so I'm not sure what's what. Anyways, I've seen people sell these sets for $300-$600, but I haven't found these sparkly red wraps anywhere else. There's also a bunch of cymbals, maybe 4 or 5, and a ton of extra heads. I'm not sure where to start, apart from trying to add pictures here. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I'll edit pictures in soon. They're MASSIVE.

Here's my imgur link, this should work. http://imgur.com/a/zG5eY

If anyone needs to see more pictures, or would like to know anything about the rest of the cymbals/heads I have, let me know.

Posted on 8 years ago

You should post the pics directly to this forum.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 8 years ago

I tried, but I don't have the ability to resize my pictures at the moment. They're crazy large, I couldn't do that.

Posted on 8 years ago

Can't see the pics, the site says they are not publically available.

Posted on 8 years ago

Should work now. Sorry.

Posted on 8 years ago

Bass drum lugs indicate that they were made by Pearl around 1972-74.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

I'd be interested in one of the floor toms for my Tempro kit. I'll send you a PM.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

Looks like the kit has some permanent modifications,like the extra holes in the bass drum,and one floor looks like it is missing some bottom rims,which affects value.Made in Japan kits from the early 70's usually bring 150.00 250.00 on average.In this case there may be more value in the cymbals,if they are pro quality zildjians or paistes for instance.

Posted on 8 years ago

This was his practice kit from what I can tell. He had a very nice set of vintage Pearls, but I think they were given to somebody else.

I haven't had a chance to look into the cymbals. I'll look into that tonight.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here