Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

My first vintage drum!

I am now the proud owner of my first vintage snare that i plan to restore over the next few weeks. Its a 14 x 5 Rose Morris snare that i brought on Ebay for ?16.50 (British Pounds). I have struggled to find much info about these drums on the web. Does any one know of a good site with some history about them? Also i have no idea how old the drum is. The seller said he brought it 25 years ago and that it was already very old then! Anyone any ideas as to a vague age? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as i am new to this game!

Regards

Tony

(p.s how can i upload photos if i dont hav them stored at a web address)

Posted on 18 years ago

Start here for a nice little intro from a forum member.

Click Here

Images can be uploaded as an attachment. In your tool bar look for the

little paper clip. That will give you options. If the file is to large

email it to me.

Welcome to the group and look forward to the pictures.

David

[email]vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com[/email]

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for the kind welcome. Here are the pics.

Tony

Walking

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for the link to the article too - so looks like this snare was made between 1967 and 1971.

Posted on 18 years ago

6 lug drums are usually a less expensive drum and many times called "student model"

That does not mean the drum is cheap, or not worth it, suprisingly many collectors have 6 luggers in the collection.

With that said this is one cool looking finish!! It will have a unique sound all of its own and you will learn to develop what you like to collect.

In fact I have met a few collectors that just collect 6 lug drums.

Here is a good place to learn about the clean up process. Click Here

Let's see it after the work is done

David

Posted on 18 years ago

I suppose its a few less bolts and lugs to clean for my first go! :)

Posted on 18 years ago

Very nice looking and congrats with the buy. And if i'm not mistaken didn't Slingerland make a few 6 lug snares at one point?

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

I am now the proud owner of my first vintage snare that i plan to restore over the next few weeks. Its a 14 x 5 Rose Morris snare that i brought on Ebay for ?16.50 (British Pounds). I have struggled to find much info about these drums on the web. Does any one know of a good site with some history about them? Also i have no idea how old the drum is. The seller said he brought it 25 years ago and that it was already very old then! Anyone any ideas as to a vague age? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as i am new to this game!RegardsTony(p.s how can i upload photos if i dont hav them stored at a web address)

hi there i have just purchased arose morris snare found out loads about it on this website. www.vintprem.moonfruit.com

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here