Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

My first really vintage kit

I've been a drum enthusiast for a long time and finally have the means to get my hobby going. This isn't my only kit, but it's definitely my oldest. I do know it's a Pearl "stencil" kit, however I don't know how old it is or if it's worth nothing other than a cool playing kit. I'm pretty sure the logo head is original, as well as some of the others.

[IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/styng88/ee22ee2b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/styng88/6c1e0498.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 12 years ago

I remember looking at the Sears & Roebuck catalog in the early 60's at the Whitehall Drums wishing I had some.

Posted on 12 years ago

I have a 20-12-14 kit like that. Played it this weekend at a gig. They're great drums.

Currently playing for loud rock and roll gigs:
1982 Ludwig Classic in white Cortex, 24-13-14-18 + Coliseum snare
For quieter gigs:
Early '70s Whitehall Tiger Eye Pearl 20-12-14-14
Neglected but thinking about:
Early '70s Sonor Champions in Rosewood, 22-12-13-16
Posted on 12 years ago

Very nice set!!. Altho, I, personally, do not like that "root beer" wrap, I know plenty of guys that do, and I'm sure drummers will be coming up to you after the show to ask about them. I always liked that.

Good luck with your set and have fun with them. Try Aquarian z-100 heads on them. Should sound great.

Posted on 12 years ago

ooo, thats pretty!

Congrats on your purchase.

Posted on 12 years ago

nice! i've always liked those vintage MIJ sets. you can get some real good sounds from them

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. I'm still debating on what to do with them. My investment is minimal, but the financial officer (the Mrs.) sees all these drums and knows that they all weren't free. If I can sell off enough of the inexpensive hardware I have laying around, I could probably break even.

Posted on 12 years ago

Ahhh... you must scatter the kits to the winds...

If you're in a band, keep a kit where ever you practice. Keep a kit in the basement or attic (in bags to keep the kit happy), at your parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, kids (if older)... you get the drift.

The wife unit is happy, you have your drums and life goes on with unicorns and rainbows...

I like that kit BTW. Nice find!

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago

From fishwaltz

Ahhh... you must scatter the kits to the winds...If you're in a band, keep a kit where ever you practice. Keep a kit in the basement or attic (in bags to keep the kit happy), at your parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, kids (if older)... you get the drift.The wife unit is happy, you have your drums and life goes on with unicorns and rainbows... I like that kit BTW. Nice find!

LOL!!!!! I've never done that (NOT!)...

Yeah- I'm THAT guy!!!

Dead dogs like rusty fire hydrants!!!
Posted on 12 years ago

From bunnyman

LOL!!!!! I've never done that (NOT!)...

Great minds bunny... great minds...

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here