Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

My drums that I have or are working on

Hi ya all. Just thought I'd post some pics of my drums and what I'm working on. Thanks to finding this site a few days ago my ludwig supraphonic is in parts and being brasso'd, and a drouyn kit and some olympic drums will be getting a clean up and maybe some repairs. I'm sure my wife will learn to dislike this site as much as she does the golf ones I'm involved in Hmmmm

The kit I've always used is the jason one in the pics with a supraphonic snare. It was my dad's kit he purchased in '69. While he'd had premiers, drouyns etc etc before, he loved the versatility of this kits sound as he was doing mixed jaz and rock stuff. Apart from most of the hardware being replaced over the years it's in great shape. It's lived in damp sheds, garages and workshops and never been cased.

The others are of a drouyn bass drum (no photo's of the toms yet) and olympic bass drum (no photo's of snare yet) which I will be working on soon.

Posted on 17 years ago

I like the lugs on the Drouyn and the veneer on the Jason. I'm not familiar with the brands. Are they high quality instruments, stencil kits? WHich?

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 17 years ago

The drouyns were an australian made brand that never really saw overseas. Nicely made and maybe a little collectability in Australia. I have never seen the jasons anywhere else before. My dad bought it in the 60s cause he like the sound and versatility. I dont think they are spose to be anything high level, but they are well made and have been used almost continually for 40 years now without bags and are still in pretty good shape.

I also like the wrap on the jason. Never have come across anything like it before. I guess it is suppose to imitate some kind of wood finish.

Posted on 17 years ago

PLEASE! Post some pics of the Drouyn kit. I had exactly that colour. The more the merrier . . . thanks.

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 17 years ago

As soon as I get the rest of it. Kleening

(just really wanted to use that smilie)

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here