Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

my blue gloss pearl slingerlands

13,14,18 with 24 inch kick and a slingerland aluminum snare of the same time period.

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Is that an original wrap? It's beautiful!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Is that an original wrap? It's beautiful!

thanks man - i think so too.in person it's more mopar blue than baby blue.

and yes it's original Keep on Pl

Posted on 16 years ago

Yes, those sure are nice looking slingerlands! They look like easter eggs! Are those a rare finish?

Posted on 16 years ago

similar setup to one kit my dad has with a 24" bass, 16" floortom, but the rack toms are 12 and 13". i dont like playing that set, as much as i like old slingerlands. its just the cheesy double tom mount (setomatic) that puts the toms in a weird position for me. seems like you had the same dilema, and had to mount the 2nd rack tom on the floor. how does that sound as a floortom? i did that once with a ludwig kit and the 14x10 just wasnt big enough to give a tonal spread from the 13"

Posted on 16 years ago

Beautiful kit. I hope to own some Slingerland's one day but those are the bee's knees . . .

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Yes, those sure are nice looking slingerlands! They look like easter eggs! Are those a rare finish?

i'm not real sure of the numbers they made these in but i have heard from several different guys that this wrap was more fragile than the others (it does seem stiffer than the whites i used to have).maybe they just didn't age well? i've never seen another kit in this color in person though - it's too bad they didn't make more of 'em -they're killer looking in person.

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

similar setup to one kit my dad has with a 24" bass, 16" floortom, but the rack toms are 12 and 13". i dont like playing that set, as much as i like old slingerlands. its just the cheesy double tom mount (setomatic) that puts the toms in a weird position for me. seems like you had the same dilema, and had to mount the 2nd rack tom on the floor. how does that sound as a floortom? i did that once with a ludwig kit and the 14x10 just wasnt big enough to give a tonal spread from the 13"

my dad has a kit with a 24 inch kick and 18 inch floor in blakkrome that he ordered in the 70's. from what i gather you had to special order them if you wanted the 18 inch floor.

imo the setomatic is the weak spot with the slingerlands (i didn't get one with this kit) it just flat out sucks.with a 24 inch kick and those toms you would have to be a giant (i'm 6"2') to be able to play the toms mounted on the kick Eye Ball .

using the 14 as a floor actually works out better than i thought it would. it's a nice halfway point between the 13 and 18 and seems to have a pretty good tuning range.it would still be nice to have a 12 in this color but, i don't see that happening anytime soon :)

here's something i recorded with them to give an idea:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6082919&q=hi

i'm using emperors on 'em and have tuned open with no muffling or anything and they sing really nicely.

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Beautiful kit. I hope to own some Slingerland's one day but those are the bee's knees . . .

thanks man.

slingerland's 24 inch kicks were just killer. if you can find one - jump on it.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here