Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

My 9/72 Rogers Resto project (finally some pics!)

Hey all,

Been on this forum for a bit now, and I'd just like to say thank you to those who have answered my questions or simply shared their valuable knowledge indirectly. This place is a literal gold mine of information, and it's great to have such an awesome community for this stuff.

For those with ADD like myself and don't want a long story, here's a pictoral synopsis of my cleaning/resto job of a 9/72 Rogers kit:

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m113/linesandspaces/Facebook/Operation%20Mr%20Rogers/

Nothing big, but for never having done something like this before I'm pretty proud!

Sizes are 24, 18, and two 14's. I wound up buying them from a guy I share a practice space with for a very, VERY good price. A steal, honestly. They had been sitting in his parents attic for years. There's also a "rogers metal snare" he had forgot to bring down with it included in the deal (I'd imagine a super 10 but wont know til he makes the trip again), along with a slew of misc. hardware/gear including hard cases. The only real big "issues" with the kit were extra holes from when his dad installed newer BD spurs, and some bad tom rash... other than that, this kit is amazing. No other extra holes on any of the other drums, nothing wrong with the bearing edges... I mean I really got a serious deal on this, especially for the sizes.

After almost a month and a half working on it, I FINALLY had the chance to play them Friday night, and I couldn't be happier. They FAR exceeded my expectations in sound. Big, warm, boomy, buttery sound. My yamaha absolute maple custom may start collecting a bit of dust...

And that's my story! Cheers, all!!

-Pepe

Posted on 12 years ago

The kit looks fantastic! Congrats!

Brian

'65/'66 Slingerland Stage Band in Red Sparkle Pearl
'67 Rogers Buddy Rich Headliner in Blue Sparkle Pearl
'49 WFL 6.5x14 Contest Snare
'55 Slingerland 7x14 Hollywood Ace Snare
'70's Premier PD2000 5x14 Snare
50's & 70's Zildjian/Paiste Cymbals
Posted on 12 years ago

Nice job Pepe! They look great. Enjoy!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

Really nice job on those, Pepe! Even better that they'll get a second shot at life and get played.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks all for the encouraging words :)

Super happy with the kit. Makes it that much sweeter having put my own sweat into it!

-Pepe

Posted on 12 years ago

From linesandspaces

Thanks all for the encouraging words :)Super happy with the kit. Makes it that much sweeter having put my own sweat into it!-Pepe

You should be...you did a heck of a job bringing that kit back to lifeYes Sir

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here