Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

My 68' Vintage Ludwig Snare??????????????

Hello,

I Just recently acquired this beauty from a local pawn shop for $80. I t is in excellent condition as you can see by the photos, and was just wondering if anyone can tell me more about this snare drum.

Oh and BTW it is dated May 23 1968 on the inside with an L circled written with a black marker.

Any info on this snare would be much appreciated. Curious as to the value, quality, make, model and so on.

Thanks

3 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Great find!!!!, that is a very nice acrolite!!!, "the little drum that can", hey are the rims brass or steel??Yes SirYes SirCool1

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

The quality is TOP quality.

The sound is one of the best in the world.

It is a vintage Ludwig Acrolite in near mint condition.

The value is usually low for just any Acro, but yours is exceptional so it would be at the high end. They usually range between 100 and 200 dollars. Yours would be at the high end of that -maybe even more to someone who is looking for a mint example to finish out a mint set.

I think once you play it, however, you won't want to ever sell it!

VERY nice score for $80.00!!!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

How did you manage to get it so reasonably priced? Most pawn shops think the acrolite is worth $300 plus. I used to think $125 was top dollar on an acro. Not anymore, apparently.

You have an above average piece worth every bit of $200+. However, most sellers are offering up average to below average pieces for top dollar.

lvd

looking for Ludwig Black Panther 8" concert tom
Posted on 14 years ago

those should be chrome over steel hoops one that one. great looking drum!

mike

Posted on 14 years ago

From mlayton

those should be chrome over steel hoops one that one. great looking drum!mike

Mike, they have just as high of a possibility of being brass also!! i have owned 3 of this year model with brass rims on them, and still have one now,

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Wow!, that's a beautiful thing! crying2-07

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks everyone.

I frickin love this snare drum, and will enjoy for years to come.

Thanks for all your input, much appreciated,

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here