Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

My 60's Set !!!!

This is my late 60's drum set !!!!!

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Nice set-up! Is the entire kit MIJ? Looks really nice, love that Champ Spark!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

I agree, beautiful and looks well lovedCool1

What is the brand of heads for the snare and floor tom?

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

From jonnistix

Nice set-up! Is the entire kit MIJ? Looks really nice, love that Champ Spark!

Hi, yes all the drums are made in Japan and I also have the matching snare for it from the early 60's. It is a great sounding kit. I believe it is a jazz set ,because of the 14" floor tom. My cymbals are 1979 Zildjians.

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Raven. A nice Star line of stencils, and in great condition. I am almost about getting done with my no badge set of very early stencils. I am almost certain they are Pearl. I love the Star stuff, but got this kit for a song, and in good, solid condition. They are getting an upgrade, and will look so fine when I am done. The prelim is starting to turn the wifes head, and she is beginning to see what I see in them. The are WMP,. 22-12-16 with a matching snare that was from a different person in the same localle in NC. I purchased the kit from kevins, our venerable jazz/bopper from the Conover/Hickory neck of the woods. I could not believe the actual condition when they arrived. Anyway, as I said, they came from different peeps, and I swear they are from the same kit. The hardware matches too closely. So, I will be unveiling in a few more days or week, whichever comes first. Looks are coming along as I had hoped, but the sound is what am more concerned about.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Totally nice MIJ snare there. The only down side, and one that can be remedied, is that snare butt plate. Those early ones like that that you have to tie the string- it`s hard to get a great/perfect tension IMO. If you love that drum and want to slightly modify it to improve it's performance you might consider picking up a STAR brand butt plate that actually screws/compresses the cord. Great looking drumClapping Happy2

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

From OsakaBop

I agree, beautiful and looks well lovedCool1What is the brand of heads for the snare and floor tom?

Hi, They are Remo WeatherKing Coated Ambassador, Made in USA

Posted on 14 years ago

Nice kit. It seems you have one of the golden ones meaning they sound good so the bearing edges are good. I too would like to have a stencil kit, I'm just worried about the edges. It wouldn't be fun if I have to re-do the edges(expensive). Your kit looks new. Good to see another forum member joyful and proud of thier gear.

Posted on 14 years ago

not that hard got a router and practice on other pieces of wood until

you have it down. have you seen some of the guys at your local

drum shop who cut edges?

Posted on 14 years ago

COOL!!!! And Beautiful ~ super nice! Kiss Jumping2

I have to ask : re: the snare pic, are those lugs typical of any particular stencil manufacturer?

- - The reason I ask is, that I just picked up a nameless mij on aBey - a 12 X 8 ride tom with very similar lugs, though not exactly the same (the base of the lug isn't stepped) - double enders.

After a week of searching, this is the first pic I've seen of the same ilk.

I'll probably never pin down the brand name (no badge or inside markings) but your pic brings me a step closer.

No cast rims like this one though. The only other quasi-identifying bit is the clip-style diamond plate tom mount bracket.

Any thoughts?

1 attachments
...but when he played on his drum, he made the stars explode....
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here