Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

My 1975 Slingerland Chrome set

Anyone considering a Slingerland Chrome set, or just a COB snare might like to hear about my experience.

[IMG]http://madmen.fi/en/pics/slingerland.jpg[/IMG]

Check out http://madmen.fi/en/?page=slingerland.html

Posted on 13 years ago

Welcome to the VDF, that is a beautiful kit you have there, and a cool website also!!Cool1

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

Yes...Yes...Yes!

What method did you use to clean and polish the Chrome wrap on shells? I have a COW Slingerland that needs help. Any advise would be much appreciated. Beautiful kit.

Thank You,

Randy Lane
Website
Randy Lane's YouTube Page
Posted on 13 years ago

From Randydrummer

Yes...Yes...Yes!What method did you use to clean and polish the Chrome wrap on shells? I have a COW Slingerland that needs help. Any advise would be much appreciated. Beautiful kit.

I used german Autosol metal polish on a cloth disc, mounted on a hand drill.

But the dents and scratches remain...

Nice you like it.

- J

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for the input.

Thank You,

Randy Lane
Website
Randy Lane's YouTube Page
Posted on 13 years ago

Nevr-Dull chrome polishing wads.

I think they are for homies who wanna keep their pimped cars shinin', but they work great on chrome and cymbals, too.

check this: drum lessons

Posted on 13 years ago

From Randydrummer

Yes...Yes...Yes!What method did you use to clean and polish the Chrome wrap on shells?

I should add, that using a large diameter cloth disk+polishing wax for chrome is more efficient.

But if there are scratches deep enough, as in my case, trying to polish them out grinds the chrome off, resulting the underlying nickel plating to shine.

I did that with one of the toms to learn the fact. I then took the more gentle method with a small diameter cloth disk, lowish revs and Autosol chrome polish.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here