Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

My 1968 Slingerland Drum Set

Recently finished "cleaning up" my 1968 Slingerland Kit in Sparkling Blue Pearl finish. And now snow's on the way (OUCH!):Snow Flake:

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Looks like you'll have to bring it in the house. :D

Sweet looking kit!

Posted on 15 years ago

Beauty Kit!!... give the story. Did you find that one or are you the original owner.?. looks pristine!

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Mucho Sweet!! is that an 18" kick? Looks tiny.

Great resto job.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

Nice tubs....and just think...maybe a snow day or two. Best to bring them in anyway, as the gnomes look a little stressed. Your brass looks to be nice and big and vintage also..Old Z's?..Have fun.

Posted on 15 years ago

THANKS for the feedback, guys! In response to your inquiries --

No, I am not the original owner. I happened to have the snare drum and a friend of mine mentioned that he had picked up a Slingerland Kit in what he thought might be the same finish. I had my doubts though since, as I'm sure most of you know, Slingerland produced several versions of its Sparkling blue finish through the years. Well, to my amazement, the finish on my snare was a perfect match to his kit. Not only did the wrap match, but the respective serial numbers on the black & brass Niles badges were EXTREMELY close, including the one on my snare. All the drums are in near mint condition, both functionally and cosmetically. Although I'm not a big fan of most blue sparkle finishes, this one is extremely dark and one of my favorites.

The bass drum is a 20 inch and all the cymbals in the pic are Zildjians from the early 60s.

Regarding the "taking it inside" comments. Both the kit as well as the gnomes will be spending the next several months indoors, as will I. I've never been a big fan of Meeeeeeeechigan winters! Unfortunately for me, space constraints become a "challenge." I've attached a pic of another kit currently sitting in my family room which my "better half" has kindly asked me to remove with the holidays fast approaching.

Aaaaaahhhhhh...................so many drums but so little space!

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

The Blue Slingie's are comfortable in their new Ohio home! Thanks to "Old School" for making a great deal on these and for sharing pix with me of the many drums he has collected. It was great visiting with you when I came up to Motown to pick these up.

I'm still working on adding an 8x12 to make this a 5 piece kit. I have acquired LOT's of Slingerland hardware in the process (tom mounts, T-brackets, lugs, tension rods, rims). Anyone is welcome to let me know if you need some of these items. I would be willing to give it up for postage if you plan to use it rather than auction it off on the internet.

New "old" cymbals are on their way and I'm now wrestling with whether or not I should try to match out the kit with vintage stands and pedals or update the hardware to new stuff. I plan to play this kit and the vintage HH stands and BD pedals certainly weren't as good as some of the high end new stuff.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here