Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

My 1963 Shelly Manne Drum Set

I will begin this post with an apology for posting lousy pictures of my favorite drum set. The pictures I take with my current cell phone have never come out good when I transfer them to my computer. They are usually "fuzzy". I think that I have finally--after about a year of frustration--found a way to improve this situation.

So, here's a picture that I snapped yesterday of this great little set-13,16, 20, matching Shelly Manne snare drum. I had some Slingerland bongos (bongo toms?) that I wrapped in the closest match to the beautiful SlingerLeedy vintage Black Diamond Pearl. Small Leedy lugs dropped right into the holes for the Slingerland lugs.

1 attachments
No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

How sweet it is

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

Of all of the dozens of drum sets that I have owned over sixty-plus years, this is the one that I think will stay with me forever.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

My first two Rogers sets were 20,13,16. I eventually came back around to those sizes. Nice looking set you have there. That large patterned BDP is so nice.

Posted on 2 years ago

Beautiful!

Posted on 2 years ago

Just incredible. That's probably my favorite BDP pattern. A great looking kit.

Posted on 2 years ago

Beautiful, thanks for posting .. !!

Kevin
Posted on 2 years ago

Alright. You’ve forced me to post a pic of mine. Well...Once was mine. I stupidly sold it. It went to a great guy in New Jersey. The Shelly Manne drum sets were some of the most beautiful I’ve seen:

2 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

That’s a sure keeper!

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

From Rik_Everglade

Alright. You’ve forced me to post a pic of mine. Well...Once was mine. I stupidly sold it. It went to a great guy in New Jersey. The Shelly Manne drum sets were some of the most beautiful I’ve seen:

That's a real beauty! And, trust me, you're not the only one that ever sold a kit and regretted it! I've sold quite a few kits, for considerably less than I paid, and kick myself about it to this day! What was I thinking?!!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here