Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

My 1960's Yamaha Kit

About three years ago I decided to really give this kit a proper finish. I had bought it used for $50 ( the store had it labeled as misc ) but the lugs were the give away. It came with a 12" MIJ tom, I swapped it out for a 13" Kent tom I had sitting around. The Yamaha kit had been painted inside and out, and at some point the wrap was removed via razor blade ( you'll see the cut marks ). Someone had drilled extra holes in the bass drum for a post style mount. I filled all of them in, but did leave the original holes if I ever want to mount the rail holder.

5 attachments
104.1 kB
84.5 kB
76.4 kB
49.5 kB
58.6 kB
18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

So that's what they looked like. This is what they became. The kent was originally a single lug design, I drilled the holes to make it top and bottom lugs. I had some spare lugs sitting around that closely resemble the Yamaha lugs. Some point I'll track down a lone Yamaha tom, but not in any way a priority as the drums sound great. Kept the original Kent mount on the tom.

I saved all the excess pieces of drum wrap that were left under the lugs and mounts ( yea they literally cut everything else off ) and the bass drum and tom had what looked like a tiger stripe finish. The MIJ tom was a WMP. Absolutely a players kit, but that's fine with me.

4 attachments
18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

Very nice . I've never met a Yamaha drum I didn't like or love .

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here