Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Muffler ID?

Can anyone positively ID this internal muffler? Large 3" pad. I've heard Premier, I've heard Slingerland...

Posted on 4 years ago

Certainly Slingerland-like, however many inconsistencies including knob and pad.

Posted on 4 years ago

Definitely not Slingerland! While it does resemble a Premier, I've never seen a large 3" pad on any Premier mufflers. They tended to use rectangular pads or smaller round pads, either single or double. This might be some MIJ knockoff. Maybe others will know for sure.

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

1960's Olympic muffler

Mikey777

Posted on 4 years ago

I have a mid-60's Olympic snare drum and there is no muffler. I decided to search all the Olympic catalogs and finally found the muffler in question. It's the model 1639. While it does show mounted in bass drums in the 60's catalogs, the part itself isn't mentioned until the 1971 catalog. Pictured is a mid-60's catalog picture of the bass drum and the muffler itself in the 1971 catalog. It appears that there were no internal mufflers on any Olympic snare drums and toms, but only bass drums! Mystery solved?

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here