Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Mr Sheen

All you guys from Australia and UK, you probably already know this but Mr Sheen shines up drum wrap extremely well. When I post the finished pictures of my new restoration, you'll see how well it works there. Anyway just thought I'd share the tip seeing as it seems there are a lot less products for drum enthusiasts outside USA. x-mas3

Posted on 10 years ago

I use Mr sheen to clean and polish the inside and wrap but then I find that autoglym car polish is best to really shine the wrap.

Brasso or duraglit can be used to polish out small scratches too.

Posted on 10 years ago

Ill give that a go but what did you mean by polish the inside? the inside of the shell?

Posted on 10 years ago

I use Mr sheen on the inside of old shells as it is very good at removing dirt etc, It tends to evaporate anyway so I would not really call it a polish and it tends to leave a residue so for the shell outer finish the car products are better as they are silicone based and slightly abrasive but dry to a powder polishing compound.

Posted on 10 years ago

Mr Sheen,, You're a marvel...

It does contain a mild degreaser hence good for cleaning, look at all of the crap that comes off on the rag... but I find a better gloss and protection comes from a dedicated polish as well..

Cheers

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 10 years ago

http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-paint-coating.html

I've been seriously considering trying something like I link to above on my own Drumset (Yes, the Barrett Deems Set in WMP)

This product is specifically designed for paint, but they also make a more universal "Surface Coating" that can be used on Paint, Plastic, Wheels, Glass, etc.

These hard ceramic coating last much longer than any waxes, or sealants, and imagine on a drum shell, or chome on a drumset, they should last virtually indefinitely.

What I like about these, and other types of these newer wipe on walk away Poly Sealants, is no waxy residues left behind to get under any hardware.

About the only thought I have had about worries, is that this particular Coating uses an alcohol carrier, and might damage a wrap?

Mark

Posted on 10 years ago

I think the "Universal" coating may be the one to try, but it does not come cheap, If it is safe on plastic should be fine. Testing required before the kit..

(Wow, in your neck of the woods it should be used on every thing but the kitchen sink) ;)

Cheers

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 10 years ago