Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

most important parts of drum in preservation

I'd have to say that with all of the drum's I've seen over the years of my drumming in their various degrees of condition, from showroom to junk and their authenticity. I'd say of course the wrap/shell has to be numero uno, the badge, the lugs, rims and hoops, and sweet not warped original wires the throw off and hardware could in theory if there not so rare can all be found if your patient enough, even though they can be a bit pricy, but original museum quality wrap, has to be the wow factor on any drum. In any condition a famous person players kit has to be complete with its C.O.A., could be excluded...

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 10 years ago

I'd agree that the shell and the original factory finish on it (whether wrap or some sort of paint/lacquer or stain) would be of primary concern, closely followed by the badge. Everything else is "parts" and can be replaced without really leaving any evidence of their replacement (if the correct replacement parts are used). Badges can also be replaced but there is no easy way to undo extra holes, re-cut edges, and/or serious damage to the original finish.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here