Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

More Rogers?? Question from the attic..

Terrible picture but this was as close I could get to it and the light was bad.

The leg mount, lugs and the T-rods seem to look right but the claws look small..

Wishful thinking..??

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Just can't stay away from that place, can U?

:D

From the Memri-loc spurs and FT legs this would likely be a "Big R"

kit in the soon to be highly prized Butcher Block finish.

Looks like a Swivo Tom mount tho.

13,14,18,24?

Is the interior spackle grey or maple?

If this baby is in the $500.00 - $750.00 range ( or gulp,

less ) I'd pounce Jim...

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 16 years ago

If you look on the right side of the bass drum you will see memriloc tom mounts. Claws look right for that vintage. Better pics would help. Not very popular finish yet but $500 should be about right if condition is good. Hard to tell for sure but looks like it might be an 18" FT and that would bring the price up a bit. Would really like to see inside.

Jack

:)

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 16 years ago

I hope you don't mind, I edited the pic a bit so we could see it better. Something doesn't look quite right to me with the swivo mount...maybe too round? I also don't see the knobby top, and the leg looks a little thick. Maybe it's just me.

Looks like a Rogers snare over to the left.

[img]http://69.6.216.143/bb.jpg[/img]

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 16 years ago

On closer inspection, looks to be the Meriloc tom mount 2.

The angle made it hard tell...

FYI

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 16 years ago

Does it get hot up there? I'm no expert but I might take a few new heads and see if the shells are in round on anything I was thinking of purchasing...is thia guy actually selling any of the actic treasure?

Matt

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

I really like my ol'Slingers (the Krupa kit will be a family heirloom) but this Rogers bug has kind of bitten me... I just need to find the right kit at the right price. I bought the Rogers guide so I'm trying to learn more about these drums.. I personally think the style on the signature badge kits is so distinct and classy.

I was working toward an offer on the little champagne sparkle Tower kit... and then this butcher block set caught my eye up on the top shelf.

NO Roscoe...I can't stay away from the attic, I think it is haunted by the siren ghosts of drummer groupies past who swirled around these kits in smoky dance clubs and hotel lounges... buy these drums.. buy these drums.. buy these drums.. it gets louder and louder the closer I get to Main and 5th. :o

Mlvibes... nice photo enhancement!!

I'll try to get back up there with a tape and drum key ... if I don't buy something pretty quick, I think they'll pull back the hospitality.

Thanks for the input... this forum is just great.. you guys are so tolerant of people like me who just trying learn half of what you have already forgotten.Clapping Happy2 Thanks!

Posted on 16 years ago

Those could be 5 ply about 1978-79 or XP8 8 ply ... 79+.......... depends on the interiors. Speckled gray and reinforcing rings=5ply, clear finish interiors without rings =XP8. Good price if complete.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

A '60s tower type set in Champange, if in original condition, would be a better buy than a later era set...there's still some time to go before all the '70s sets are grabbed up, but the '60s sets are getting harder to find...

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks Rich... when I saw those late 70's dates from Ploughman for the butcher blocks I really felt the same way...

I just can't bring myself to consider anything made when I was in college as vintage... yet!Violin

But I have to say, I like butcher block, I remember when it was all the rage for counters, furniture, cabinets and contact paper (it seems like that was in 60's, guess not)..Cool

I'm back to the Towers.. with whatever spare change is left after Christmas.x-mas3

Again.. GREAT board!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here