Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

more photos / rare ludwig kit....need info

I think it is from around 1938-39...if anybody knows anything please let me know. thanks

cozy

i'm not sure how to post photos...if this does not work maybe someone will let me know how....thanks

Posted on 15 years ago

Amazing Kit! One of a kind for sure! Or better yet, not one you see very often...

David

3 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Extremely cool! I have never seen the offset lugs on Ludwig before. Wow!

Posted on 15 years ago

Fantastic kit and so complete. No date stamps? Ray Bauduc would be right at home back there.Yes Sir

Posted on 15 years ago

This is a cool set. It should have the twin strainer on it I believe.

The lugs of course were never cataloged. (per wflkurt)

I would see if you can get the attention of wflkurt, I remember him mentioning a book that had this set on the cover and BII playing them.

The strainer will be next to impossible to find and expect to pay big bucks for it.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Yes, that set is VERY rare. I have seen a few singles like that but never the full set. I have a copy of the book "swing drumming" put out by the WFL drum co and WFL II is playing that exact set in the book. The snare should definately have the dual strainers and the ones you need are the one piece version. Almost impossible to find!

That is a real beauty that I would guess was made around 1939-40. Very cool set!

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

On the badges, does it read the word "President" around the hole or underneath it?

*** I BUY ROGERS DRUMS ***
Posted on 15 years ago

I believe this is the cover that WFLKURT mentioned.

FANTASTIC LOOKING kit! Can I have it (LOL)?

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Beautiful outfit, man !

I'd like to have a look at that foot pedal...

Is that an old Martin's FleetFoot pedal, before Camco retooled it as their own Camco 5000 model (and as Gretsch's Floating Action model)... ?

Posted on 15 years ago

here's some more photos of the ludwig kit....38-40 ?? any info you guys have would be great.....cozy

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here