Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

More MIJ at the Grand Rapids MI Goodwill

I just bought this set at the Grand Rapids Goodwill store. My second from the same place in 6 weeks. Another member bought an MIJ set from them a couple weeks back. What's up Western Michigan? Why you all abandoning your MIJ????

I picked this up on behalf of a friend/new drummer. I'm gonna add some missing stands & cymbals to get him started.

jim

1 attachments
'68 Ludwig Ruby Red Strata
'68 Ludwig Mod Orange
'58 Gretsch Starlight Sparkle
'69 Ludwig Clubdate BDP
'60s Ludwig Clubdate Black Lacquer / Nickel
'67 Trixon Speedfire Red
COB Ludwig Supra
Many projects
Bunch o snares
Posted on 12 years ago

I know a guy in Roseville who had one of those for sale for a long time. Don't know how much he got for it, but was over to his house and sat down on it - good sounding kit. This is a good score for your friend for sure.

Cool1

Clapping Happy2

Here is a pic of Auto.pilot driving home from Grand Rapids---->Car Driving2

Here is a pic of his friend------>:D

BTW - what kind of hats are those??

John in Davison

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 12 years ago

Here is a pic of Auto.pilot driving home from Grand Rapids---->Here is a pic of his friend------>BTW - what kind of hats are those??

I'll be picking them up tomorrow. Paid very little, so it can't be bad. Just over $150. I've got extra heads, stands and some cymbals. This new drummer will be up and running on the cheap.

jim

'68 Ludwig Mod Orange
'69 Ludwig Clubdate BDP
'67 Trixon Speedfire Red
COB Ludwig Supra
Many projects
Bunch o snares
Posted on 12 years ago

Its the smart thing to do these days!!...Cool1

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

hrmmm, looks like I need to go hunting...err...shopping in GR next time Im home.

Posted on 12 years ago

I picked up the kit. It's nearly flawless - there are stick marks on both sides of the heads, which is odd. Other than that, they are dusty with barely a scratch. These YD drums were Yamaha entry level about 10 years ago. I believe they are 9 ply mahogany, very round with sharp bearing edges. The hats are cheap Yamaha brand, nothing special. If I had to guess, I'd say the drums were played very little when new, then stored in a dry basement for many years. I'm not a fan of power size rack toms, but the user will not likely ever play beyond his basement walls (and won't care either way). They have the original heads with some tape residue and what looks to be a brand new pillow in the BD. Overall, this is a nice starter set for very little money.

Jim

'68 Ludwig Mod Orange
'69 Ludwig Clubdate BDP
'67 Trixon Speedfire Red
COB Ludwig Supra
Many projects
Bunch o snares
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here