Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Modern parts for vintage Slingerland

Does anyone know if these Gibraltar light weight bass spurs with fit 60s Slingerlands without any drilling? They don't list the hole spacing on their site.

http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/index.cfm?fa=partsmain&curcat=2&bnd=11&cid=103&sid=453&pid=1534

I'm also looking for a more modern floor tom leg and bracket combo for same vintage Slings. Also, anyone know how their rail consolette is? It's supposed to fit vintage hole.

I want to play these out, so I'm looking to beef up the hardware a bit, but naturally I don't want to drill so I can go back to the original stuff for authenticity.

Posted on 15 years ago

Those look like slingy but why would you want to replace the slingerland mounts with almost the same thing?

Posted on 15 years ago

I'm missing both spurs, one of the mounts has the wingnut missing and holes drilled in it (doesn't look very promising to work) and the other has the wingnut snapped off in the hole. So, I'm going to have to replace the whole works anyway. The Gibraltar stuff is going to be cheaper and it might be better constructed. If I can use it without any extra holes, I'm going that route.

Posted on 15 years ago

Let me know what you find. I'm in a similar craft.

Posted on 15 years ago

Oh!!! I just got a set of slingerland spurs and mounts off ebay for $40.00 including shipping. Thought it was a good price, actually a great price. This economy is definately in favor of the buyer. There are a couple more slingerland sets of spurs and mounts on there now. Maybe a few dollars more than the gibraltars but no need to worry about drilling.

Posted on 15 years ago

Did you confirm that they are the thinner ones and not the thicker ones? I've hit several walls on that point. Let me know how you fare. Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

From lucky

Oh!!! I just got a set of slingerland spurs and mounts off ebay for $40.00 including shipping. Thought it was a good price, actually a great price. This economy is definately in favor of the buyer. There are a couple more slingerland sets of spurs and mounts on there now. Maybe a few dollars more than the gibraltars but no need to worry about drilling.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]That's a really good price...actually, Lucky...I think you got real lucky...those must'a slipped under a lotta folks radar, somehow.

The Gibraltar Rail is very nice...smooth and strong. I find it to be aesthetically a bit clunky and not very svelte-looking, but it is a nice piece of hardware. I dunno about the hole spacing in regards to it matching, though....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah, I just put a bid in and let it go. They don't have the original wing bolts although they are not stripped. I need some parts to put some orphan slingy shells together to trade a buddy of mine for a Rogers Fullerton 22, 13,16 in New England white. He's a guitar player and really doesn't care what drums he has in his studio as long as they sound decent. The Rogers kit is in pretty good shape, needs a few parts but no extra holes and they sound great!!!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here