Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

mix n" match cymbals

Do you mix em up on your kit?;eg;Paiste hats,Zildg crash...Some players would never dream of doing that.Its one or the other,not both...Hows bout you???

ME?....I mix em upYes Sir

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

wayne, i have mixed and matched,paiste, sabian,zildjian,istanbul.ufip, especially in the studio, now for live most of the time i use one brand, but i do mix zildjian and sabians a lot. Excited

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I am pretty anal about that stuff, I don't like to mix A's with K's!

Posted on 14 years ago

As always, I go with what sounds best. Sometimes I have a mix of Zildjian, Sabian, Istanbul and Dreams.

Posted on 14 years ago

I've mixed Zildjian A's & K's (old and new), Paiste, Zilco, UFIP, Pasha, Camber and even a Reuther. I go by sound and feel rather than name or logo.

Jeff

Posted on 14 years ago

The ONLY time in my life when I've ever made a conscious effort to even care about a single cymbal brand is when Sabian brought me on. But that didn't even work out. There is no one single brand that does it for me. If an artist insists on a single brand and a single line and a single model...I'm thinking that guy has a very narrow ear.

Posted on 14 years ago

I mix them and try to find what's right for the song. It's usually an old K but not always. A's are nice for brass bands. AZ hihats and old K hihats are two different instruments. Old K's are nice for the vast majority of music I play. Every few years I'll even walk on the wild side and play my old 602 ride - call the cops!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here