Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Missed Premier deal in Montreal...

These were up on Kijiji classifieds for $150 Canadian this morning until the ad disappeared (without call back)....Anybody snag 'em?

2 attachments
1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago

Damn....

That looks like a late 40s WFL flr Tom too...!

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 8 years ago

What an incredible deal...for someone! Absolutely stunning!

Mitch

Posted on 8 years ago

OK FOLKS ! I think i can tell you guys what happened.. I was the first one to see this ad.

I called the seller (75 yr old man) who was really nice and polite.. He is the original owner of the drums, and bought them in 1957..I told him that i wanted to buy the drums and would pick them up in a couple of hours.. This was Thursday afternoon.. He agreed.. 20 minutes later i get a call back from the gentleman, telling me an interesting little fib..He said that when he answered my call he was on his cell phone outside and his wife "forgot" to mention that another buyer had already got dibs on the kit.

He apologized, and i told him that it wasn't a problem and good luck with the sale because he had something quite special.. It was also a very cool coincidence that we have the same first name ! So a few days later, it's up to $1400 from it's original $120 ! LOL ! Yes, funkypoodle, that was the "original" price !! My guess is that someone called him up and told him a closer more realistic value of his drums because they were simply envious of the fact that someone else contacted the seller before they did.. Happens all the time.. Envy is an ugly thing ;)

After closer inspection i realized the floor tom wasn't a match, so i was relieved that i didn't get the kit. Today the ad shows that it's a Ludwig with Zephyr lugs. I think the kit is a Premier 53" model original 3 piece, because i checked on the vintagedrumguide.com. but i could be mistaken.. I somehow don't think the gentleman will find a buyer now at that price.. I bought it with intention to flip, and sell the 3 piece and floor separately to either Dave's Drum Shop in Ottawa, Canada, ebay, or even Reverb.com..Truthfully, i'm glad i didn't.. Now i really wish luck to the gentleman with his sale, because at the price, even though it's worth almost that much, will not be flying off any time soon..

At least not in this town..

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-drum-percussion/ouest-de-lile-qc/ventage-drum-1950-premium/1190035417?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Posted on 8 years ago

Oh man that snare!!

Found it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

Darn,

I've had that happen to me 2twice in the last few mths...

I'm on my way...just b4 I get there,...some other buyer to be, knows its spoke for..

He then educated the seller...and the rest is downhill...

On one occasion, we agreed to a price both verbally & email & on a time..

I arrived on time,.when I got there, the price dble because of a jealous loser..

I handed him the money, picked up the item, went to my car and drove away..

He called me 10mins later & demanded I bring it back or he will call the police...

I told him, we have an agreement both verbally/email...

You have the cash & I have the item...& possession is 9/10ths of the law...

Go ahead, call the police....

And all was well.

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 8 years ago

The sure way to get a drum at these crazy prices is to not discuss price. Tell him/her you would like to see the condition before you agree to buy it. This way you haven,t shown your hand, but also get over there as fast as you can, but again down play it and say "since I'm in the neighborhood I,ll swing by"....NEVER MENTION PRICE!!

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

Sometimes I tell sellers I will give them more $ to hold it for me until I can get there! I take a chance doing that as they might rethink things.

But don't forget, when a seller is way under pricing items they get bombarded with interest and that is what really does you in, I bet that is what happened in this case! :D

Found it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

Another thing. Location is EVERYTHING. By the time you drive across the city during rush hour because he said he will hold it for you is rubbish. Try to focus in your own neighborhood and strike fast when you see something. There are no rules, so outsmart the other guy who is thinking the same way you are....It is a treasure hunt after all!Clapping Happy2

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

From EricP

But don't forget, when a seller is way under pricing items they get bombarded with interest and that is what really does you in, I bet that is what happened in this case! :D

This +1... getting really good deals is almost a destiny thing; some sellers will honour first responders at the listed price, while others will jack theirs up and be offended about being "taken advantage of"

getting or missing out just adds to the chase...

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here