Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Miller Band Instrument Company

Found a 5 x 14 , 8 lug, black diamond pearl wrap, no badge. Painted white on the interior like Ludwig did in the mid 60's. Has an M on the exterior of the lugs.States on the label on the inside of the shell. Model # 148, Serial # 1637, Mfg. By Miller Band Instrument Company. Any help on giving this a date, or so insight about the company would be appreciated. Thanks! Bub

Posted on 17 years ago

Can you get us a picture of the drum to see what the characteristics of it are?

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Just listed it on ebay with no information on it. Took alot of photo's to list. Thanks for the reply David. Bub

Posted on 17 years ago

I just took a look at it. First time I have ever seen one. To bad about the missing strainer, that would help determine if it was modeled after another drum etc..

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to check it out. Tried all over the web with searches. Nothing....... Appreciate it David

Posted on 17 years ago

Found out this morning that the owner of Miller Band Instrument Company was named, Charles R Miller, Bethesda, MD. Passed away in Oct. 1967 at age 67.

Posted on 17 years ago

The hoops look like Rogers tall hoops from the late '50s and early '60s. The tone control looks like a Rogers, too. Waldberg and Auge made some drums with Rogers and Ludwig (and Gretsch) parts from around that era...maybe they made that drum for a jobber like Miller.

Collecting for almost 20 years...never saw one of those.

Posted on 17 years ago

I thought the same thing. Rogers also had a lug with the R in the center.

If it was all original I would probably buy a drum like that, but who knows

what strainer was originally on the drum

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks guys for the information. Wish it were complete. Very nice drum. Had the shell not been drilled out for the P-85. Also I noticed that the lugs have a clear plastic backing plate, I figure as not to damage the shell???? Seems also that there is a music store across the street of Millers today. I shot them an email, hoping they knew something??? 40 yrs + is a long time though. Keeping my fingers crossed, and if I receive any information I will pass it on. Keeping me wondering!! Thanks again, Bub

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here