Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Milestone Drums

Hi everybody, I've managed to get a hold of some Milestone drums. Here are the sizes:

18x22 kick

10x10 tom

12x13 tom (!)

16x16 floor tom

16x18 floor tom

All the drums save the 16x16 are in a color called 'Oxblood' which is seriously ugly. Just for a goof I tried applying some sign vinyl to the 10 inch tom as you can see in the pic and it turned out pretty good. I'm considering doing the whole kit. The vinyl product is Avery Supercast Ultra Metallic which can be had for about 14 bucks a yard. Anybody ever try this stuff before?

I really love the sound of these tubs but the rack toms are seriously deep and not very playable when mounted on the kick so I'm considering having them cut down by the owner/operator of Tempus drums. (Tempus used to be Milestone) But...I can't helping thinking that there might be someone out there who feels the opposite and wouldn't mind trading shallower toms for some huge tubs. Also, the 18 FT is for sale.

BTW, I had a 10 Tama Superstar tom lying around and used the excellent (IMO) Starcast hoops and mount. I think this a is a great option for getting diecast hoops and iso mount for relatively cheap.

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

If you want the tom cut down by Paul at Tempus, you'd best contact him this month; after March 31st he's not taking any other orders, and he will be selling Tempus to some unknown third party.

Posted on 12 years ago

Thank you very much for that. I think I'll do it.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here