Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

MIJ Rail and Cymbal Mount

Hey guys, I'm looking for the rest of the rail and cymbal mount to complete this kit. I'm not sure if there's a certain kind I'd need or will it take anything. Thanks.

Posted on 3 years ago

Hi JR,

The hole spacing on that cymbal bracket should be 1 7/8". A Ludwig P1216D Bracket will fit that perfectly. A Gibraltar Cymbal L-Arm will work well, as it's 3/8"/9.5mm in diameter.

As far as the rail mount, you need the the solid "rail" and the tom arm that mounts on that rail. I assume it's a standard MIJ clip or "thumb" mount? If you can measure the length between the two mounting points on the shell that would be helpful to determine the length of the rail you need. I think the diameter of all the MIJ rails I've seen is pretty much the same, so any tom arm should fit on pretty much any rail.

Thanks!

V

Posted on 3 years ago

Hi JR!

V is correct as to using a Ludwig P1216D bracket. As to the rail, while it resembles a Ludwig, the MIJ rail is slightly longer and may be tough to find.

Attached are pictures of a 1968 Whitehall (Pearl) kit I had some years back. I used the upper section from a Maxwell consolette holder on the MIJ rail. You can also see that used Ludwig brackets in place of the original Pearl brackets, which fit the existing holes perfectly.

-Mark

4 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago

think i can help. i have couple of the ludwig brackets, also have mij rail, 4-7/8'' between the holes on the rail it'self. can't post pic's for some reason, pm me if any interest.

Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here