Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Mij pink /red oyster pearl ??

Found this MIJ kit on my local classifieds..It doesn't look like Pearl stencil, and judging by the lugs, i would assume possibly Stewart ?

The thing that stands out to me is the wrap..

Could this be MIJ Pink Oyster Pearl ?.. Aside form the crummy cymbals, and less than functional hardware, this kit could have potential.. Sizes look like 22-16-13..

Possibly missing bass drum hoop and t's and claws, but that's not hard to find.. What do you guys think ?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-jouets-jeux/sherbrooke-qc/drum-pour-debutant/1106064391

Posted on 8 years ago

I'd be tempted for $185. Bet it would gig just fine with some new heads on it.

Posted on 8 years ago

Heck yeah.....

=$140 ish. US

Sell off the HIs & HH stands.....probably recoup 40 at least.

That kit worth $100 US?

With THAT color wrap? I would guess it is a very rare color indeed.

Deal is a no-brainer to me.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

Cool rap. Doesn't look like the red oyster I have. It looks like it has bigger, bolder striping. Real nice wrap. $185 with little hardware missing... and that cool wrap?

1 attachments
121.2 kB
Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

In the "toy" section of Kijiji too, I'll be damned! No wonder I hadn't spotted it already!

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago

I've owned several of them made with birch shells. They are quite excellent drums which blend in musically very well, much like a Ludwig vintage wood shell. As regards "Can they be cranked..." I believe the answer is yes, but then again everything has its limits. Mine always delivered a warm, crisp "pop", and owners of the later models made of mahogany offer up high praise for them as well.

imran
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here