Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

MIJ orphan sale coming soon - What are you looking for?

I have a friend who owns a music store - used to be run primarily by his father - this is a 50 year old drumshop. He has a bunch of various drums including about 7 or 8 orphan MIJs.

He is making a list. I am then going to take it one step further and try to arrange a photoshoot where I can shoot them all, then I will offer them up here. In short, I am helping him liquidate and I will in turn hopefully be helping many of you who are looking for specific orphans to complete your kits. I do not know anything in terms of what he has, whether they are toms, FTs, BDs????

So, I thought I would start a thread so you all can make a list here of what you are looking for. This is specifically for orphan MIJs.

Just to be clear - this may take several weeks for this to occur. I may not make it up there to shoot photos for another month or so - but you know how time flies. I thought I would give you all a heads-up to look around and make a list of what you are looking for. For some of you, that will take a little time ;) Others will know right off the top of your head.

What are you looking for?

Mods - if you need to move this, feel free - I just could not figure out where I should land it, so I just landed it here considering these will be all MIJs.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

Pearl President: Floor tom in Golden Grain wrap, rack tom (any size) in Tiger Eye. I'd be happy to take either with that wrap in wood shell since I have a source for a couple stripped Presidents shells. Don't like rewrapping, but ya gotta do what you gotta do.

Adding an edit to me previous list. I'd be happy with a President FT in any color...

Thanks John! Very kind of you.

Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

Pearl MLX 14 and/or 18 floor tom in white preferably but not a necessity.

Thanks !!

Looking for a late 80's to early 90's, preferably Arctic White Pearl MLX 14x14 floor tom.
Posted on 8 years ago

UPDATE: I finally got my guy to make a list. This next weekend I am going to stop in up there and get it from him. He is not a computer guy at all.

So - start adding to this list if you are reading this and have a request. I will them match it up when I get the list. Of course I will be starting a whole thread about it - you sharing your searches essentially gives you first dibs.

I believe I saw another thread like this over at DFO - (pinned as well?) though I think it is more general. That will also help me find homes for these orphans.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

Hi, I'm looking for Tama Imperialstar 14" and 15" rack toms, 70's era with re-rings. Color is not important. Thank you for posting this.

Cheers,

Neo

Posted on 8 years ago

Wonderful idea! I love this place...

'60s Star or Hoshino 16" floor tom for me. Any colour.

Thanks!

Posted on 8 years ago

Ideally I want a 13" tom that matches the ones in my pic.

But realistically I will take any 13" Pearl tom if the hardware matches.

1 attachments
www.macdrums.com
Posted on 8 years ago

Looking for any blue sparkle floor tom!

12/14/20 Mahogany INDe Bop Cocktail Hybrid

Late 50s Black Nitron 3 Ply Gretsch 13/16/20 w/ Max Roach Snare
Posted on 8 years ago

St George Hollywood Floor Tom in faded Silver sparkle (think yellow sparkle)...super long shot but never hurts. Or really any floor tom in the same color with slingy style lugs.

Posted on 8 years ago

14x20 gold luddy bd 1964/5

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here