Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

MIJ No Name Drums

Anyone know what brand these might be? Thanks.

Posted on 5 years ago

That sure is a mish-mash of parts. American ingenuity strikes again with that tom holder!

I see three different lug types, Ludwig copy (or real), Slingerland copy and the generic "Pearl style" rectangular.

Only thing I can say for sure is it is from the mid-60's, with the re-rings and reinforcement at the spur mounts.. Later MIJ kits had very thick shells that were painted gray.

Franken drums in a very common finish.

BTW, all these pictures you post are seemingly from the same persons living room. I bet you two guys account for more than 50% of drum trading in the entire United States! Laughing H

Posted on 5 years ago

This dude is in the NY area, I'm thinking on buying one of his kits. He showed me this and this Stewart kit. I'm probably going to buy the Stewart with the cymbals that are with no-name kit.

He said it's a Stewart, but the badge says Vibra, never heard of them, were they made by the same company?

2 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

That's the guy in Patchogue, right? $99 out the door. Good deal. I didn't buy them, because Patchogue is in Suffolk County, way out on Long Island, at least a two hour drive for me. Tolls alone are probably $25 plus all the gas and time.

Posted on 5 years ago

I have a white marine pearl partial with the same lugs and hardware as the kit at the top

of the thread (The lugs look like Ludwig classics minus the distinctive lines)

On my bass drum and snare they are both badged "Fuji"

As for the mish mash of lugs that is due mostly to this hardware being

A. pretty fragile at the fastening points

and B. very seldom seen, and accordingly very hard to replace when damaged.

The generic pearl lugs being the replacements makes sense since as we all know they are so plentiful.

On the second red kit it looks like only the floor tom is badged Vibra and is Hoshino K built

it is most likely the rest is Star made and possibly Stewart badged

with the exception of the T rods on the bass

either the lugs or the swivel nuts were changed to use an assortment of various Pearl made T rods

in place of the original Star made faucet handle style T rods

That funky improvised tom mounting deal aside

The first kit above would be the more unique of the two by a good bit

Posted on 5 years ago

From johnnyringo

This dude is in the NY area, I'm thinking on buying one of his kits. He showed me this and this Stewart kit. I'm probably going to buy the Stewart with the cymbals that are with no-name kit.He said it's a Stewart, but the badge says Vibra, never heard of them, were they made by the same company?

The Stewart brand name was made by up to four different manufacturers over time, and some of them looked similar. As for this kit, it was made by Star based on the tom mount and the throw. There were at least 5 different manufacturers of the stencil brand drums and it always comes down to original hardware. Note that three of them used Slingerland style tom lugs which makes it more confusing.

Posted on 4 years ago

From johnnyringo

Anyone know what brand these might be? Thanks.

I have a CB-700 snare just like yours but it's metal. The snare stand looks CB too.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 4 years ago

Mine looks just like this,...

1 attachments
It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 4 years ago

Those lugs remind me of the old USA made Kent drums.

1 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here