Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

MIJ kit on Ebay

Saw this kit when browsing ebay today. Not too bad of a price considering how much shipping is....just thought I would pass it along if anyone is looking for a MIJ kit to fix up. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-60s-MIJ-Stewart-Drum-Kit-Stencil-20-13-16-Blue-Sparkle-FREE-SHIP/174315800363?hash=item289608072b:g:DhAAAOSwRUpe5PhA

Posted on 4 years ago

Nice deal indeed, especially with the free shipping.

Posted on 4 years ago

From mlayton

Yep, was a pretty sweet deal for ebay

Posted on 4 years ago

From mlayton

A good deal, indeed! Shipping costs have gotten out of control and a big reason I'm not buying as much as I used to. Maybe that's a good thing?!!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought shipping had gone nuts. I shipped the last things sometime last summer. Yikes! Way up.

That kit looks like it could have been sold by Montgomery Ward or Sears back in the day. There would have been a picture with a kid sitting sideways on a throne, the snare drum way out of position and the cymbals and hardware in unreachable locations too. Those were the days.

Posted on 4 years ago

Dan! The vast majority of items I see are shipped via Priority Mail. That's just such a high priced option for most things over 1 pound. I take the time to weigh and measure my boxes before listing them for sale, to get the prospective buyer a very accurate shipping price.

As to your comments about those catalog kits, here's some pictures from a Sears catalog that shows what you're talking about!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

That's it Mark. Even the color is right. The one for $126.85 is the exact one I had in mind. The one for $139.88 is a great deal. That guy was a lefty playing a right-handed kit. I'll bet he'd have sounded like Ringo if he could have reached the snare!

Posted on 4 years ago

Hi Mark

Do you know what year your the Sears catalog scan is?

Thanks

Kev

Kevin
Posted on 4 years ago

From idrum4fun

A good deal, indeed! Shipping costs have gotten out of control and a big reason I'm not buying as much as I used to. Maybe that's a good thing?!!-Mark

Shipping has gone crazy in the last couple of years, and it is making a difference in what I buy these days.

I'm not even sure why it's so high because fuel has been very low for the last 4 years, and that is a major factor for shippers. Add to that, the taxes we pay on these used items now, (how is it even legal to make us pay taxes on used items where taxes have already been paid?) it becomes cost prohibitive to just buy something on a lark.

So why is shipping so expensive now?

Posted on 4 years ago

From idrum4fun

Dan! The vast majority of items I see are shipped via Priority Mail. That's just such a high priced option for most things over 1 pound. I take the time to weigh and measure my boxes before listing them for sale, to get the prospective buyer a very accurate shipping price.As to your comments about those catalog kits, here's some pictures from a Sears catalog that shows what you're talking about!-Mark

Hi Mark.

What year is the cat scan, please?

Thanks!

Kevin

Kevin
Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here