Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

MIJ Deep shell

Did these drums come in 6.5 or 6" depths?..All i ,ve ever seen are 5 or 5.5.Hmmmm

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I know Star made a marching snare, and apparently there are some 12" marching snares (for kids, I guess) but I've never seen a 6.5 MIJ snare, not until the mid 70s when Pearl started making them, of course.

Posted on 14 years ago
"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Wow, those must be pretty rare. Never seen one up for sale or featured on the forums. Thanks for posting those links, John.

Posted on 14 years ago

From jonnistix

Holy Smokes !!!!!!!!!

Now I know why I have several Ludwig internal baseball bat mufflers that are not identical............because they're not Ludwig......they're STAR.

These Japanese companies really had no shame in copying USA made drums in those years.

Posted on 14 years ago

"No shame in copying"...The Japanese had no problem using American designs,after all it worked.They also did,nt lie and steal thier way around this.Unlike a small Cdn operation who has no shame stealing from ANYONE and lying about it,Japanese builders in the 60,s soon realized creating thier own product and design began building the future for themselves.Pearl,Tama,and Yamaha have helped shape this industry beyond our imagination,and have travelled many miles since those shiney blue sprkl kits appeared in the Sears and Woodwards catalogues around the world.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here