Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Mid 60's Zoomatic strainer metal V-shaped Hook

Hi Dr., I have another question on Zoomatic strainers. I have a Zoomatic from the mid 60's that originally came with that metal V-shaped Hook that was used to tie the snare string in a knot, so it could be secured for snare strainer use. Unfortunately when I first bought this snare, I did not know enough about vintage Slingerland snare drums, so I no longer have this V-shaped Hook piece to go with the strainer. Do you know of any replacement parts or vintage replica parts on the market? Or what would be a great replacement alternative for this Zoomatic strainer accessory? What do you recommend? Thanks for your time. Phil Cormier Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]Sorry Phil, I'm drawing a blank - Zoomatic "V-shaped hook"?[/COLOR]

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi Dr., I am referring to the Metal part that slides into the two holes where the snare string goes through. Two Slingerland snares that I have purchased in the past few years had these with the Zoomatic. One was a 5x14 Slingerland Solid Maple Shell Artist from 1964 and the other was a 5.5x14 3-ply Artist from 1965. Both had the correct-period Zoomatic strainer. I even have checked to make sure, if you look in an older Slingerland catalog from the 60's, the color photo of the Artist model in White marine pearl has this V shaped metal rod that slides into the two notches where the snare string slides through. I am not sure what this Zoomatic accessory is called, so I most likely sound vague. Thanks again for your response. Phil Cormier Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here