Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

mid 60s slingerland

hey whats up everybody i just joined this site the other day i thinks its awesome and was very informative

I have a Slingerland mid 60s Black Diamond 3 piece set it was given to me by my neighbor 7 years ago i used it a few times and recently cleaned it up it looks amazing and the sound is incredible i had taken it over to Guitar center to try and sell it the snare is in mint condition the bass drum is in good condition the tom tom is missing the bottom ring i was asking $800.00 and also throwing in a Rogers superten snare also in mint condition.looking at few sites i found on here the snare alone goes for $800.00 im really thinking about keeping it but would like to sell it and build on to my other set

What do you think too cheap?

Posted on 15 years ago

Usually we like to see pics and such. Don't need to on this one. It doesn't matter what was offered. It's too cheap. Anytime you bring your gear to one of those large (icky) musical instrument stores, you will never ever ever ever ever ever (did I say 'never') never ever get a good deal. They are in business to make a profit. By the very nature of a good business model, they have to buy low and sell high. It's just how it works. If you sell, you will need to cut out the middleman. That's just fiscal logic.

There has been a very rare instance or two where an ex-employee from a burger joint has found a roost at Guitar Center. Said pimple farm was left unsupervised and took in a drum kit for way more than it was worth. But these instances are very rare. Definitely not the norm.

Posted on 15 years ago

I hear ya ! i am trying to post photos of the drums but cant figure out how to!

Meanwhile i cleaned the garage out and My daughter and I set them up and are having a blast I just might take my set a set it up next to it!

Posted on 15 years ago

i think i got it now

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Hi,

Can't tell by the pic you posted whether your snare is a Hollywood Ace Model, an Artist model, or something else. Do you have any pics of the strainer that you could post?

Posted on 15 years ago

here is my rogers snare

Posted on 15 years ago
Posted on 15 years ago
Posted on 15 years ago

strainer pics of the Superten

Posted on 15 years ago

Do you have the floor tom and is the snare 3 ply or solid?

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here