Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Mid 60s Olympic high hat stand question

Hey guys;

Picked up an old Olympic kit a while back, just starting to disassemble everything.

Taking apart the high hat stand I get the feeling that I am missing parts. Below are pics of what I have at the moment. A short threaded rod that fits into the main tube and 2 washers with a spring in between them. Obviously missing a felt, thumbscrew is wrong. Missing some plastic? Can't find a decent pic of the stand on the web. Anyone have one of these stands and know what is / isn't supposed to be there? A nice clear close up pic? The missing parts?

Also, still need a white, pre int. sized 16" head for the same kit. Preferably in N.A.

Thanks guys.

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Hello,

I know that some guys are here who know Premier/ Olympic well. But the best place to ask your questions will be here:

http://www.mikedolbear.co.uk/forum/default.asp

Greetings - Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

i have the same stand and mine does not have that spring arrangement. yours looks to have been altered in order to overcome some deficiency in the main spring down below. there is a long coil spring down inside the main tube at the bottom, which compresses as the pedal is depressed and rebounds as the pedal is released.sometimes the screw or seated washer that secures this spring becomes loose or unseats and the spring recoil fails. i don't have immediate access to this stand(it's at another location) but when I go there I will look and see how it is set up.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here