Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Mid-1950s Gretsch 3ply bop kit

A beautiful all original mid-1950s Gretsch RB 18/12/14 bop kit in WMP with matching 4x14 Max Roach snare drum.

The 18" bass drum has sound rings while both toms and snare drum don't... which is much different from the 1960s 6ply RB kits.

This 50s RB kit has no extra holes or mods. All the drums have stick chopper rims & calfskin heads minus the FT heads. All drums have painted siliver interiors with no papertags and all drums are 3ply shells.

The WMP wrap is very evenly faded across each 60+ year old drum.

Note the rail mount & cymbal mount location and the Gladstone style floor tom leg mounts... they are all true physical characteristics of a mid-1950s Broadcaster kit made pre 1956.

~ A true Gretsch & Camco fanatic ~
Posted on 6 years ago

Super nice man! I love that bass drum.

Posted on 6 years ago

You've found your holy grail, ! congrats, its beautiful !!! Cool1

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 6 years ago

Nice combo Gretsch and McIntosh!

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks guys... I appreciate the kind words.

Hopefully she will be a absolute pleasure to play once I locate enough suitable calfskin heads for her all around.

I'm guessing on this but, I think this kit is from 1955. Can anyone confirm if I'm correct or not?

~ A true Gretsch & Camco fanatic ~
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here