Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 110.62213%

Mickey Rooney playing "Drummer Boy"

True "OldSchool": [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djB7W2vh-Yk[/ame]

Posted on 13 years ago

Oldschool, this was on turner classics not long ago! They don't make em like this anymore the good stuff!Hurting

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

Love Mickey Rooney...drumming or not.

Posted on 13 years ago

Even tho I think he was "sidelining" in that drum bit, its obvious Micky knew how to play drums. And man, do I love those Radio Kings!!

Posted on 13 years ago

From Retrosonic

Even tho I think he was "sidelining" in that drum bit, its obvious Micky knew how to play drums. And man, do I love those Radio Kings!!

"sidelining"? never heard this term before. What does it mean?

Posted on 13 years ago

Not actually playing what's heard...he's going through the motions of what's there though. You can see when he hits the cowbell and the hi-hat openings are not all there. Also a loud snare crack when he just gently tapped.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Olimpass

Not actually playing what's heard...he's going through the motions of what's there though. You can see when he hits the cowbell and the hi-hat openings are not all there. Also a loud snare crack when he just gently tapped.

Thanks Olimpass. Yeah I noticed that in the clip, but I didn't know that's what it was called.

Posted on 13 years ago

By the looks of things I believe that he could pull it off on his own.

Posted on 13 years ago

keep in mind......when you "sideline" you are merely "miming"

" to a pre-recorded track. But from the looks of things, Mickey himself did the pre-recorded track.

Whenever you see those movies from the 40s, 50s and 60s with a famous drummer...they are "pretending" to play along to an already recorded track...which they themselves usually recorded in a studio.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here