Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Metal Slingerland Snare Drums

Hi guys! I have an old Slingerland snare I am trying to determine the age and model. Magnet test: Magnet does NOT stick to this shell. Thought it might be this Gene Krupa COB snare I always read about and see.....but mine does not have the same throw-off......just has the standard 2 point. And the badge reveals it to be about 1963or64. Can you help me or point me in the right direction.

Here is an ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Slingerland-COB-Krupa-6-5-x-14-10-lug-brass_W0QQitemZ270206658565QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64436QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

of one almost the exact snare as mine....except my badge is Gold and black instead of of silver and black. My serial number is 117021.

NEXT: DIFFERENT DRUM

Also, I have a(gray) aluminum 4 inch Slingerland with a Gold badge as well (almost identical to this ebay snare

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Slingerland-Snare-Drum-W-Stand-Case-Aluminum_W0QQitemZ280195417018QQihZ018QQcategoryZ64436QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My serial number on this aluminum is 210843.

Any light you can shead on my drums would be greatly appreciated!

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 16 years ago

The drum you have with the 2 screw (rapid) throw off sounds like a Festival model. Although this drum was cataloged with a flat steel shell, some turned up with the brass shell with the three etched lines.

These are, in my opinion, a great find...I think the rapid throw off is better than the "higher end" zoomatic.

Re-measure your aluminum drum...they didn't make that drum in a 4" model.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here