Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Meet - TROWA-Dixie

Hi all,

Some time ago there was a discussion on DFO about Trixon ---- Ingo posted this pic, which I've comment there.

If I'm not mistaken that model was from 1955-1958's.

Last year I was surprised - one guy from Ukraine wrote me that he found in an old barn a very strange incompleted and fully ruined and rotten conical set.

He'd dismounted some lugs, T-rods and some other parts from it, and thrown all other to the dump. But HH-stand was complete and indeed in working condition. Hard to beleive but It was really a Trowa Dixie...

Now i find a pic from that guy --- it's a live HHS, but it was partly reassembly by him with some modern parts - middle tube and footboard from Tacton instead of rusted --- basis and top tube still saved original. He sent me only one photo - no more saved pics.

And I have a new origin footplate, but no such HHS... :(

Here are a pics.

Cheers,

George.

Posted on 12 years ago

That hi-hat stand is a Sonor copy ,George-----anyone can see that............. I am on the lookout for a conical Trowa bassdrum , George( me and a few others , I would presume) because I do possess a Trowa conical floor tom, in Rot Flitter. It is in very good-----almost mint condition. 16"---13" x 18". 6 small lugs per head and 8mm slotted tension rods, not the 10mm ones they used in the earlier 50's. Thin beech shell, with the crimp marks. heavy nickel plated parts.

Posted on 12 years ago

From calfskin

That hi-hat stand is a Sonor copy, George

Maybe, maybe, Phil...

But I highly doubt ---I've never seen anything like made from cast aluminium and moreover same shape legs and collet tube's clamp on Sonor stands basis - either before the WWII or after.

I mean the catalogs and old photos, of course.

George.

Posted on 12 years ago

From Father-42

Maybe, maybe, Phil... But I highly doubt ---I've never seen anything like made from cast aluminium and moreover same shape legs and collet tube's clamp on Sonor stands basis - either before the WWII or after.I mean the catalogs and old photos, of course.George.

It was a joke , George. Of course it isn't a Sonor copy.

Posted on 12 years ago

Aha, frightened ? :D

And finally, when will we be able to see at least one photo from you, Phil ????

George.

Posted on 12 years ago

Hi George!

So, it's a Trowa Dixie? So... it was made in Georgia?

(It's a bad joke, George. I couldn't help myself...)

Craig

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here